Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista Home Premium and scanning

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2008
Deelite
 

Posts: n/a
Vista Home Premium and scanning
I just got a new HP Pavillion Elite m9040n computer, am hooked up to HP 2610
All in one printer, and cannot scan since I am now using Vista Home Premium.
Have all the upgrades to the HP all in one, driver, etc. If I can't scan,
will there be a service package 2 coming out since it seems Vista and my
scanner are not compatible? Thanks...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2008
Bob F.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Home Premium and scanning
"Deelite" <Deelite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:412C62AA-0728-428C-9414-DE12CCC7FD8C@microsoft.com...
>I just got a new HP Pavillion Elite m9040n computer, am hooked up to HP
>2610
> All in one printer, and cannot scan since I am now using Vista Home
> Premium.
> Have all the upgrades to the HP all in one, driver, etc. If I can't scan,
> will there be a service package 2 coming out since it seems Vista and my
> scanner are not compatible? Thanks...



Did you follow the HP installation instructions PRECISELY? HP products are
very touchy about the sequence of installation. What doesn't happen? Do
you get error messages? As you expecting something to happen? Does it
hang? Is the scan device missing from a list? What?
BobF.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2008
Deelite
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Home Premium and scanning
Got HP tech on line, he got into my computer, I have all the drivers and
everything is installed properly. He said the new Vista program is not
compatible with my HP 2610 all in one, and I would have to wait for the SP2
from MSN.

"Bob F." wrote:

> "Deelite" <Deelite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:412C62AA-0728-428C-9414-DE12CCC7FD8C@microsoft.com...
> >I just got a new HP Pavillion Elite m9040n computer, am hooked up to HP
> >2610
> > All in one printer, and cannot scan since I am now using Vista Home
> > Premium.
> > Have all the upgrades to the HP all in one, driver, etc. If I can't scan,
> > will there be a service package 2 coming out since it seems Vista and my
> > scanner are not compatible? Thanks...

>
>
> Did you follow the HP installation instructions PRECISELY? HP products are
> very touchy about the sequence of installation. What doesn't happen? Do
> you get error messages? As you expecting something to happen? Does it
> hang? Is the scan device missing from a list? What?
> BobF.
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2008
Kevin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Home Premium and scanning

"Deelite" <Deelite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:90EE0DEB-94D3-4FD4-8F55-27E45C75E097@microsoft.com...
> Got HP tech on line, he got into my computer, I have all the drivers and
> everything is installed properly. He said the new Vista program is not
> compatible with my HP 2610 all in one, and I would have to wait for the
> SP2
> from MSN.
>


In other words, what he mean to say was that the HP 2610 is not fully
supported in Windows Vista because HP doesn't feel like writing Vista
drivers for it. So, you will have to wait until HP feels like writing those
drivers or somebody at Microsoft writes some kind of driver or nothing
happens. In which case, you won't be doing any scanning with your HP 2610.

> "Bob F." wrote:
>
>> "Deelite" <Deelite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:412C62AA-0728-428C-9414-DE12CCC7FD8C@microsoft.com...
>> >I just got a new HP Pavillion Elite m9040n computer, am hooked up to HP
>> >2610
>> > All in one printer, and cannot scan since I am now using Vista Home
>> > Premium.
>> > Have all the upgrades to the HP all in one, driver, etc. If I can't
>> > scan,
>> > will there be a service package 2 coming out since it seems Vista and
>> > my
>> > scanner are not compatible? Thanks...

>>
>>
>> Did you follow the HP installation instructions PRECISELY? HP products
>> are
>> very touchy about the sequence of installation. What doesn't happen? Do
>> you get error messages? As you expecting something to happen? Does it
>> hang? Is the scan device missing from a list? What?
>> BobF.
>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2008
Deelite
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Home Premium and scanning
Thanks for the update...I will contact HP to see if they are gonna get the
driver for us Vista users...if not...wait till MSN gets sp2 out for us. You
are being blessed...

"Kevin" wrote:

>
> "Deelite" <Deelite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:90EE0DEB-94D3-4FD4-8F55-27E45C75E097@microsoft.com...
> > Got HP tech on line, he got into my computer, I have all the drivers and
> > everything is installed properly. He said the new Vista program is not
> > compatible with my HP 2610 all in one, and I would have to wait for the
> > SP2
> > from MSN.
> >

>
> In other words, what he mean to say was that the HP 2610 is not fully
> supported in Windows Vista because HP doesn't feel like writing Vista
> drivers for it. So, you will have to wait until HP feels like writing those
> drivers or somebody at Microsoft writes some kind of driver or nothing
> happens. In which case, you won't be doing any scanning with your HP 2610.
>
> > "Bob F." wrote:
> >
> >> "Deelite" <Deelite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:412C62AA-0728-428C-9414-DE12CCC7FD8C@microsoft.com...
> >> >I just got a new HP Pavillion Elite m9040n computer, am hooked up to HP
> >> >2610
> >> > All in one printer, and cannot scan since I am now using Vista Home
> >> > Premium.
> >> > Have all the upgrades to the HP all in one, driver, etc. If I can't
> >> > scan,
> >> > will there be a service package 2 coming out since it seems Vista and
> >> > my
> >> > scanner are not compatible? Thanks...
> >>
> >>
> >> Did you follow the HP installation instructions PRECISELY? HP products
> >> are
> >> very touchy about the sequence of installation. What doesn't happen? Do
> >> you get error messages? As you expecting something to happen? Does it
> >> hang? Is the scan device missing from a list? What?
> >> BobF.
> >>
> >>

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2008
Bill
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Home Premium and scanning
Just had a look on HP site and found this page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 1139&lang=en

Seems to say Vista driver available. Maybe you should ask HP again? I've
got a Compaq Notebook and found their support, umm, not too good, to be
polite.


"Deelite" <Deelite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:412C62AA-0728-428C-9414-DE12CCC7FD8C@microsoft.com...
>I just got a new HP Pavillion Elite m9040n computer, am hooked up to HP
>2610
> All in one printer, and cannot scan since I am now using Vista Home
> Premium.
> Have all the upgrades to the HP all in one, driver, etc. If I can't scan,
> will there be a service package 2 coming out since it seems Vista and my
> scanner are not compatible? Thanks...


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2008
huwyngr
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Home Premium and scanning
In article <90EE0DEB-94D3-4FD4-8F55-27E45C75E097@microsoft.com>, Deelite
wrote:

> Got HP tech on line, he got into my computer, I have all the drivers and*
> everything is installed properly. *He said the new Vista program is not*
> compatible with my HP 2610 all in one, and I would have to wait for the SP2*
> from MSN. *


He might correctly have said that your VISTA Home version does not include the
VISTA Fax and Scan Utility but as Bill has said there is a Full software set
on the HP website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...=us&dlc=en&pro
duct=421139&lang=en

How is your AIO connected to the PC -- by USB cable or by Network? I'll assume
Network and you should get that working anyway since most scanners do not work
over networks.

Download that AIO_CDB_Full_Network_enu.exe file to your computer to a location
you can find -- do NOT use Install Now but use Download only.

Then disconnect your AIO's USB cable from the PC end. Delete any icons for it
you may find in Control Panel / Printers and Uninstall any HP sofware for it
that you may find in Control Panel / Remove Programs. Then reboot your
computer.

Find the exe file your downloaded and right mouse click on it and select Run
as Administrator in the Context menu that appears. If that does not start the
installation then just double click on the exe file and that should do it.

Do not connect the AIO USB cable to the PC until the installation procedure
tells you to or until you reach [Finish].

Let us know if that works or not -- good luck.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC NEUF VISTAx64 home premium US vers Vista x64 Familliale premium Michel microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.installation 2 02-24-2008 16:11
Retail 32bit vista Home Premium upgrade to 64 bit Home Premium - H rrdToledo microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 09-25-2007 04:38
Info su Vista Home Premium Premium Upgrade Stefano microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 0 09-10-2007 21:24
scanning multiple pages in vista home basic with hp 5510 printer Mentos microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 3 07-09-2007 11:30
Scanning with Vista Premium Tom microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 05-04-2007 00:22




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:39.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120