Installing Network Printer error

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgQXJub2xk?=

Installing Network Printer error
I am trying to install printers via logon script to users.

Users are being prompted to enter admin credentials to install the drivers.

Is there any way to allow users to install printer drivers without turning
off UAP?

Or any other suggested methods? I dont think assigning printers in Group
Policy is an option because we have over 900 printer groups.

Scott
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Installing Network Printer error
The default Point and Print Restriction is enabled. Look at a Vista machine
for the new settings. One can set the authentication prompts or just make
it a warning.

The policy is under User, Administrative Templates, Control Panel,
Printers.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Scott Arnold" <ScottArnold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsAB1F087-FCA3-40A5-BC1C-E185852CCCA9@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to install printers via logon script to users.
>
> Users are being prompted to enter admin credentials to install the
> drivers.
>
> Is there any way to allow users to install printer drivers without turning
> off UAP?
>
> Or any other suggested methods? I dont think assigning printers in Group
> Policy is an option because we have over 900 printer groups.
>
> Scott

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgQXJub2xk?=

Re: Installing Network Printer error
Those settings are set as not configured.

I have been able to have the printer install after adding a few GUIDs into
the allow non-admins to install drivers. The user enter credentials and the
drives install. We do not want to turn this off, but the big problem is that
when the user logs off and back on he is prompted to install the drivers
again although he is not prompted for credentials.

I need to figure out how to stop it from prompting to install the driver the
second time.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> The default Point and Print Restriction is enabled. Look at a Vista machine
> for the new settings. One can set the authentication prompts or just make
> it a warning.
>
> The policy is under User, Administrative Templates, Control Panel,
> Printers.
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Scott Arnold" <ScottArnold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsAB1F087-FCA3-40A5-BC1C-E185852CCCA9@microsoft.com...
> >I am trying to install printers via logon script to users.
> >
> > Users are being prompted to enter admin credentials to install the
> > drivers.
> >
> > Is there any way to allow users to install printer drivers without turning
> > off UAP?
> >
> > Or any other suggested methods? I dont think assigning printers in Group
> > Policy is an option because we have over 900 printer groups.
> >
> > Scott

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Installing Network Printer error
Not configured means they are enabled.

Scroll down through the UI for all the options. UAP is still enabled.
Users can now add local printers that use Vista inbox drivers