Lexmark Printer and Vista

Vaidendog

Lexmark Printer and Vista
I bought a Lexmark 3400 series all in one printer. I have been using in with
my desk top computer with Mcro. Offive and it has worked great. I recently
purchased a lap-top with Vista. We loaded the printer program on to the
lap-top and made it the default. When we go to print we get the message that
the computer can not communicate with the printer.
Peter

Re: Lexmark Printer and Vista
"Vaidendog" <Vaidendog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsB9401C2-D417-40C3-BCF6-C1E6C128B3E2@microsoft.com...
>I bought a Lexmark 3400 series all in one printer. I have been using in
>with
> my desk top computer with Mcro. Offive and it has worked great. I recently
> purchased a lap-top with Vista. We loaded the printer program on to the
> lap-top and made it the default. When we go to print we get the message
> that
> the computer can not communicate with the printer.

Have you updated the drivers (only 2 models in that range are Vista
compatible)?
http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/seque...9_0_en,00.html
It may be as simple as unplugging/replugging to allow Vista to redetect it.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Vaidendog

Re: Lexmark Printer and Vista
Thanks I will try the suggestions you have made

"Peter" wrote:

> "Vaidendog" <Vaidendog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsB9401C2-D417-40C3-BCF6-C1E6C128B3E2@microsoft.com...
> >I bought a Lexmark 3400 series all in one printer. I have been using in
> >with
> > my desk top computer with Mcro. Offive and it has worked great. I recently
> > purchased a lap-top with Vista. We loaded the printer program on to the
> > lap-top and made it the default. When we go to print we get the message
> > that
> > the computer can not communicate with the printer.

> Have you updated the drivers (only 2 models in that range are Vista
> compatible)?
> http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/seque...9_0_en,00.html
> It may be as simple as unplugging/replugging to allow Vista to redetect it.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2/SP3 Beta/Vista Ultimate SP1 Beta
> Triple Boot

longvale

RE: Lexmark Printer and Vista
Try uninstalling the program off the laptop then re-attach the printer to the
laptop [which should be connected to the internet] and let Vista find a
driver for it.

"Vaidendog" wrote:

> I bought a Lexmark 3400 series all in one printer. I have been using in with
> my desk top computer with Mcro. Offive and it has worked great. I recently
> purchased a lap-top with Vista. We loaded the printer program on to the
> lap-top and made it the default. When we go to print we get the message that
> the computer can not communicate with the printer.

faeorain

Re: Lexmark Printer and Vista

Thanks so much. I was having this exact problem with my Lexmark x1100,
and the solution to let Vista find the drivers online for me worked
perfectly. My Lexmark is both new and old - my parents purchased it for
me over 5 years ago, but it remained unopened, and in the box all this
time, because I already had a dell printer that came with the pc. I'm
wondering what they are thinking at Lexmark, now that I just registered
the printer ; )

--
faeorain