HP7210 doesn't print graphics

CoreyMiller is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HP7210 doesn't print graphics
My HP OfficeJet 7210 All-in-One does not print graphics consistently...and usually not at all. I have three Vista machines [1 Home Premium and 2 Enterprise] connected via a simple home network. I have all the most recent HP drivers installed [and have unintalled and reinstalled them at least twice on all three computers]. The same problem exists for all three Vista machines. The printing behavior is that when the page is being printed, the printer will pause at that point where the graphic is to be printed...usually for a couple of minutes...then throw an error message to the sending Vista computer...and eventually the partially-printed page will be sent to the tray. HP's only advice was to configure a separate printer on Vista and use the HP990c drivers with the same physical printer.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced similar issues with HP devices [or this model in particular] and what your solution was.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: HP7210 doesn't print graphics
Does the printer using the 990C driver produce the proper output?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"CoreyMiller" <CoreyMiller.356084@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:CoreyMiller.356084@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> My HP OfficeJet 7210 All-in-One does not print graphics
> consistently...and usually not at all. I have three Vista machines [1
> Home Premium and 2 Enterprise] connected via a simple home network. I
> have all the most recent HP drivers installed [and have unintalled and
> reinstalled them at least twice on all three computers]. The same
> problem exists for all three Vista machines. The printing behavior is
> that when the page is being printed, the printer will pause at that
> point where the graphic is to be printed...usually for a couple of
> minutes...then throw an error message to the sending Vista
> computer...and eventually the partially-printed page will be sent to the
> tray. HP's only advice was to configure a separate printer on Vista and
> use the HP990c drivers with the same physical printer.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has experienced similar issues with HP devices
> [or this model in particular] and what your solution was.
>

> --
> CoreyMiller

CoreyMiller is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It did until just recently...and then the same behavior started with the 990c drivers as I've described with the 7210 drivers. Using the 990c drivers as a workaround, when it did work, was not the best solution either because I could not utilize the features of the 7210 print management programs.
klaflen

Re: HP7210 doesn't print graphics

I am having the same problem with a Lexmark all-in-one printer and
printing from a Hallmark Card program. I was able to print graphics and
now I'm not. Nothing has changed with the printer or the program to my
knowledge. Would love help on resolving this issue.

--
klaflen