Script message

NancyK

Script message
Every time I try to print out a certain email I get the script error message
- I have tried a few things but it doesn't work - I see someone wrote in
press the win key - what and where is that?

Thanks for your help.
Nancy
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Script message
It's the one with the Windows logo on it.... on this notebook it's between
the Fn and the Alt at the bottom left.

However if that hint someone gave you doesn't work, try posting back giving
the exact text of the error message.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"NancyK" <NancyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to print out a certain email I get the script error
> message
> - I have tried a few things but it doesn't work - I see someone wrote in
> press the win key - what and where is that?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Nancy

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: Script message
There are a number of "common" script errors one can receive and the fix for
the error usually depends on the line number and type of the error (both of
which are shown in the error message). Would you please post either the
whole error message or the line number on which the error occurred?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"NancyK" <NancyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to print out a certain email I get the script error

message
> - I have tried a few things but it doesn't work - I see someone wrote in
> press the win key - what and where is that?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Nancy

NancyK

Re: Script message
When I go to print an email the script message comes up as follows
Line:1
Char:1
Error:Object expected
Code:0

I tried clicking on win key and R - typed in regsvr32ole.dll and it said no
such thing.

Thanks
Nancy

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:

> There are a number of "common" script errors one can receive and the fix for
> the error usually depends on the line number and type of the error (both of
> which are shown in the error message). Would you please post either the
> whole error message or the line number on which the error occurred?
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "NancyK" <NancyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I try to print out a certain email I get the script error

> message
> > - I have tried a few things but it doesn't work - I see someone wrote in
> > press the win key - what and where is that?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> > Nancy

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: Script message
There isn't much available on the "Line: 1" script error, however, I found
one thing you might try. Please see this page and pay attention to the post
concerning the "Protected Mode" setting in IE. I'm curious to see if this
fix works for this error, please let me know:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2306&SiteID=17
Re: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg lin1 chr 1

Hal
--

> When I go to print an email the script message comes up as follows
> Line:1
> Char:1
> Error:Object expected
> Code:0
>
> I tried clicking on win key and R - typed in regsvr32ole.dll and it said

no
> such thing.
>
> Thanks
> Nancy
>
> "Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:
>
> > There are a number of "common" script errors one can receive and the fix

for
> > the error usually depends on the line number and type of the error (both

of
> > which are shown in the error message). Would you please post either the
> > whole error message or the line number on which the error occurred?
> >
> > Hal
> > --
> > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
> > Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
> >
> > "NancyK" <NancyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Every time I try to print out a certain email I get the script error

> > message
> > > - I have tried a few things but it doesn't work - I see someone wrote

in
> > > press the win key - what and where is that?
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > > Nancy

huwyngr

Re: Script message
In article <11D39F49-D165-4CC2-BA57-D8E81D2C1DAB@microsoft.com>, NancyK
wrote:

> Line:1
> Char:1
> Error:Object expected
> Code:0

I see similar error messages when I have adblocking turned on and
Internet Explorer is reading a script that is calling for a blocked
file.

The .dlg file extension is a little hard to identify but the most
common reference I find to it is that it relates to mapping
information. Is the sender of the email sending you some map or
something derived from a GPS or something like that? If there were a
link in the message to a preview.dlg file and it's on his computer that
could account for this kind of message. Or it might be due to some kind
of blocking of images associated with email messages.

The reference of HAL to TechNet does contain this "solution"

<< I went into the settings [of Internet Explorer] once again and
turned "Protected mode" off. I know that some might find this solution
dangerous to security, but IT FIXED THE PROBLEM. >>