Vista Printer Drivers

Cecil A. Fountain Sr

Vista Printer Drivers
I need Vista drivers for an HP Deskjet 6122 Printer, also one for a HP
deskjet 6540 Printer

Malke

Re: Vista Printer Drivers
Cecil A. Fountain Sr wrote:

> I need Vista drivers for an HP Deskjet 6122 Printer, also one for a HP
> deskjet 6540 Printer

Do you not know how to look on HP's site for these? It's OK if you don't -
here's how:

1. Open a browser and go to www.hp.com.
2. On the left you'll see a link to "Software & Driver Downloads". Click it.
3. On the next page, in the Product box type the name of your printer, like
Deskjet 6122. Click the double arrows or hit Enter to go to the next page.
4. That page takes you to where you can select your operating system. Click
on Vista. Unless you installed Vista 64 yourself, click on the plain Vista.
5. That brings you to a page that says:

"An alternate driver solution is included in your Windows Vista Operating
system and is already on your computer. There is no need to download
anything at this time.

"This driver makes it possible to use the basic functions for the printer.
There will not be a full-feature Windows Vista driver solution for your
product."

Read further in the page for instructions how to install the printer
drivers, etc.

Now repeat the process for the Deskjet 6540, starting from Step 3. above.

Hope that helped,

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Bill

Re: Vista Printer Drivers
You are too kind Malke - perhaps Junior will do it for him!

> Cecil A. Fountain Sr wrote:
>
>> I need Vista drivers for an HP Deskjet 6122 Printer, also one for a HP
>> deskjet 6540 Printer

> Do you not know how to look on HP's site for these? It's OK if you don't -
> here's how:
>
> 1. Open a browser and go to www.hp.com.
> 2. On the left you'll see a link to "Software & Driver Downloads". Click
> it.
> 3. On the next page, in the Product box type the name of your printer,
> like
> Deskjet 6122. Click the double arrows or hit Enter to go to the next page.
> 4. That page takes you to where you can select your operating system.
> Click
> on Vista. Unless you installed Vista 64 yourself, click on the plain
> Vista.
> 5. That brings you to a page that says:
>
> "An alternate driver solution is included in your Windows Vista Operating
> system and is already on your computer. There is no need to download
> anything at this time.
>
> "This driver makes it possible to use the basic functions for the printer.
> There will not be a full-feature Windows Vista driver solution for your
> product."
>
> Read further in the page for instructions how to install the printer
> drivers, etc.
>
> Now repeat the process for the Deskjet 6540, starting from Step 3. above.
>
> Hope that helped,
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Malke

Re: Vista Printer Drivers
Bill wrote:

> You are too kind Malke - perhaps Junior will do it for him!

That assumes that there is a Junior and that he knows anything about
computers! ;-)

Seriously, I have lots of clients who really do not know that you can get
drivers from the hardware mftr.'s website or how to do that so I thought
perhaps this gentleman is like that. After all, just because you don't know
tech stuff doesn't make you a dummy. We all have our areas of expertise.

Cheers,

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
mary

Re: Vista Printer Drivers
i have a canon printer and i can't seem to install a driver any suggestions

"Malke" wrote:

> Bill wrote:
>
> > You are too kind Malke - perhaps Junior will do it for him!

> That assumes that there is a Junior and that he knows anything about
> computers! ;-)
>
> Seriously, I have lots of clients who really do not know that you can get
> drivers from the hardware mftr.'s website or how to do that so I thought
> perhaps this gentleman is like that. After all, just because you don't know
> tech stuff doesn't make you a dummy. We all have our areas of expertise.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

jpg1064

Re: Vista Printer Drivers
how do I get my 6122 to work over the network it is attached to my xp desktop
and I have vista 64 sp1 on my notebook. the notebook still wants 6122 driver
which are not compatable and does not recognize alternate drivers

"Malke" wrote:

> Cecil A. Fountain Sr wrote:
>
> > I need Vista drivers for an HP Deskjet 6122 Printer, also one for a HP
> > deskjet 6540 Printer

> Do you not know how to look on HP's site for these? It's OK if you don't -
> here's how:
>
> 1. Open a browser and go to www.hp.com.
> 2. On the left you'll see a link to "Software & Driver Downloads". Click it.
> 3. On the next page, in the Product box type the name of your printer, like
> Deskjet 6122. Click the double arrows or hit Enter to go to the next page.
> 4. That page takes you to where you can select your operating system. Click
> on Vista. Unless you installed Vista 64 yourself, click on the plain Vista.
> 5. That brings you to a page that says:
>
> "An alternate driver solution is included in your Windows Vista Operating
> system and is already on your computer. There is no need to download
> anything at this time.
>
> "This driver makes it possible to use the basic functions for the printer.
> There will not be a full-feature Windows Vista driver solution for your
> product."
>
> Read further in the page for instructions how to install the printer
> drivers, etc.
>
> Now repeat the process for the Deskjet 6540, starting from Step 3. above.
>
> Hope that helped,
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Vista Printer Drivers
Create a local printer targeting a Local Port in the form
\\XPmachine\printshare.

Use have disk to install the latest HP x64 drivers.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team