Printer problem printing from vista to XP

Jollyjoker538

Printer problem printing from vista to XP
i have a problem with printing from my Vista system to a XP Machine.
My printer [hp deskjet 940c usb conneted] is installed on the XP Machine
witch hangs on the local network.
When i instal the printer trough the network on my Vista system it doen't
work.
I can complete the instal but when i try to print nothing is happening?
Can someone explane me how to instal the printer so that i have no problems
with any security in Vista Ultimate?

Thanks for helping out.

Hans

Bassim

Re: Printer problem printing from vista to XP

Same problem I have.. I have an XP machine and HP officejet printer
connected to this machine.. I have it shared.. and I have a Vista
Ultimate Laptop that I can't print to my shared printer.. I can see the
shared folder and see the printer but when I connect to it and print ;
it job shows up and it goes away from NO errors or anything and printer
didnt print..

--
Bassim
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer problem printing from vista to XP
Are there any system print events on the XP machine?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Bassim" <Bassim.353b03@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Same problem I have.. I have an XP machine and HP officejet printer
> connected to this machine.. I have it shared.. and I have a Vista
> Ultimate Laptop that I can't print to my shared printer.. I can see the
> shared folder and see the printer but when I connect to it and print ;
> it job shows up and it goes away from NO errors or anything and printer
> didnt print..
>

> --
> Bassim

Bob F.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are there any system print events on the XP machine?
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "Bassim" <Bassim.353b03@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Same problem I have.. I have an XP machine and HP officejet printer
>> connected to this machine.. I have it shared.. and I have a Vista
>> Ultimate Laptop that I can't print to my shared printer.. I can see the
>> shared folder and see the printer but when I connect to it and print ;
>> it job shows up and it goes away from NO errors or anything and printer
>> didnt print..
>>

>> --
>> Bassim

What model Office Jet and how is it connected please? Directly? USB,
Parallel?
BobF.

Bassim

Re: Printer problem printing from vista to XP

The printer model is Officejet G55xi (Printer, Scanner, copier, & Fax)
and it is connected to a XP HOME edition Desktop via USB cable. The
printer is shared thru the XP Desktop using (File and print sharing)
Both machines on the same Workgroup (XP & Vista)However when I am on the
laptop (Vista ultimate) connected wirelessly I can see the printer ; I
can see the "C" drive on my xp machine.. but when I try to print to the
printer.. the print JOB appear in my Vista laptop (Queue) for couple of
seconds ... and it disappear no error comes on the screen no messages..
nothing.. so I wait ; and wait and nothing comes out of the printer...?
No error on the XP machine or anything.. happens on the screen.. I am
logged on as an Admin on the Vista machine and the XP desktop is my Wife
logged in as an Admin account.

--
Bassim
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer problem printing from vista to XP
Enable Print informational events on XP
Printers Folder
File / Server Properties / Advanced

now send the print job to HPprinter on Xpmachine

I expect an event 10 on the XP machine (the job printed! or so the spooler
thinks).

Are you using the XP driver on the Vista machine or did you install the
inbox Vista driver on Vista?
--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Bassim" <Bassim.354wn7@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> The printer model is Officejet G55xi (Printer, Scanner, copier, & Fax)
> and it is connected to a XP HOME edition Desktop via USB cable. The
> printer is shared thru the XP Desktop using (File and print sharing)
> Both machines on the same Workgroup (XP & Vista)However when I am on the
> laptop (Vista ultimate) connected wirelessly I can see the printer ; I
> can see the "C" drive on my xp machine.. but when I try to print to the
> printer.. the print JOB appear in my Vista laptop (Queue) for couple of
> seconds ... and it disappear no error comes on the screen no messages..
> nothing.. so I wait ; and wait and nothing comes out of the printer...?
> No error on the XP machine or anything.. happens on the screen.. I am
> logged on as an Admin on the Vista machine and the XP desktop is my Wife
> logged in as an Admin account.
>

> --
> Bassim

Bassim

Re: Printer problem printing from vista to XP

Well... on the Vista machine I connected to the printer; I see it and it
install the driver I believe what it has on the XP machine ; I think..
so to answer your question I think it is the XP ; because I didnt go to
the Vista machine and did the ADD printer and point to it.. and select
the driver from VISTA; is that make sense..
but I will try this tonite.. and let you know what's the deal on the XP
machine after I turn on the informational event.
I will keep you posted..
I really appreciate all the help I can get ..

--
Bassim
Bassim

Re: Printer problem printing from vista to XP

By the way, how would you enable the print informational event..
I am looking at my machine and there is no Server properties..you said

printer folder
file/server properties???? / advanced..
I dont see it

--
Bassim
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer problem printing from vista to XP
On XP, there is a File menu option in the printers folder. One of the
selections is Server Properties

On XP and Vista one can right click on any white space in the printers
folder and one of the menu options is Server Properties...

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Bassim" <Bassim.355bx1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> By the way, how would you enable the print informational event..
> I am looking at my machine and there is no Server properties..you said
>
> printer folder
> file/server properties???? / advanced..
> I dont see it
>

> --
> Bassim

Jeff Scott

Re: Printer problem printing from vista to XP
I am running into the a similar problem, where I have an XP machine that has
a Dell Photo 720 printer attached to it via USB. I have been able to print
to this shared printer on the XP machine from a new tablet running Vista for
quite awhile, and then it suddenly stopped printing (while I can still print
from the XP machine).

I have downloaded the Vista driver from Dell, and installed it but it still
will not work. It states that it cannot communicate with the printer, while
I can see this device (the attached printer, shared drives, etc.).

Any help that you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated.