HP & Vista

Bssgrl

HP & Vista
I have tried everything possible to get my HP PSC 500 to work with Vista, I
had no problems with XP. The driver is there, but it presents an error when I
go to print. I have contacted HP and they tell me because my machine, which
is in perfect working condition, is 5 yrs old it will not work with Vista. I
find this totally unacceptable and would like to find a solution to this
other than spending more money unneccessarily to get a 2nd printer that I
don't want or have room for
Any real suggestions out there?

--
VISTA IS EVIL
Kevin

Re: HP & Vista

"Bssgrl" <vistaiseveil@billgates.com> wrote in message
news2A964EE-DD6F-486D-B387-EB09265B5F5B@microsoft.com...
> I have tried everything possible to get my HP PSC 500 to work with Vista,
> had no problems with XP. The driver is there, but it presents an error
> when I
> go to print. I have contacted HP and they tell me because my machine,
> which
> is in perfect working condition, is 5 yrs old it will not work with Vista.
> find this totally unacceptable and would like to find a solution to this
> other than spending more money unneccessarily to get a 2nd printer that I
> don't want or have room for
> Any real suggestions out there?
>
> --
> VISTA IS EVIL

If HP does not have a Vista driver for your printer, that is not the fault
of Microsoft. I assume that when you spoke with HP tech support, they
confirmed that there is no Vista driver for your printer? How about simply
trying to see if Vista will see the printer and install a generic printer
driver for it? Remove any drivers or other software for the printer in
Add/Remove Programs, unplug the printer from your computer and reboot. Plug
the printer into your computer and turn on the printer. Vista may see the
printer and offer to install a generic driver for it. This will likely not
allow all of the previous functionality you may have had, but it may let you
do basic printing.

huwyngr

Re: HP & Vista
In article <D2A964EE-DD6F-486D-B387-EB09265B5F5B@microsoft.com>, Bssgrl wrote:

> I have tried everything possible to get my HP PSC 500 to work with Vista, I*
> had no problems with XP. The driver is there, but it presents an error when I*
> go to print.

Both XP and VISTA have drivers "in the box"

If you want help here, start by telling us what version of VISTA you have (Home
editions do not have Fax & Scan) and exactly what the error message said.

You say you cannot Print -- can you fax or scan?

The people can try to help you.

Also read the instructions on the HP website on how to get the device
operational in VISTA:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...n&cc=us&dlc=en
&product=58710&lang=en

Bssgrl

Re: HP & Vista
I followed all of the steps provided on this page and the HP rep I was in
email correspondance with, unplugging,powering down & up, etc, no go..the rep
on the phone told me it is because of the age of my printer. I am just
frustrated because the printer even though it is 5 yrs old is in perfect
working condition, and I just refuse to be part of the mindset of a
disposible society and just purchasing the "latest thing" just because it's
there to buy, and that my printer is considered "obsolete". I guess that I am
from a generation that believes that as long as you take care of something it
should last and be usable for longer than 5 yrs. I never bothered to try and
scan because I couldn't even get past step one to print. When I had XP on my
other laptop it "just worked", and I never had any issues, so I figured it
would just do the same with Vista....wrong! So I am just going to hook it
(the printer) up to my old desktop, save any files I need to print to my
stick, and print off of that till I get a new printer which will probably be
obsolete the day after I buy it

In regards to the other response from "huwyngr" I have Vista 32 bit OS
--
VISTA IS EVIL

"Kevin" wrote:

> "Bssgrl" <vistaiseveil@billgates.com> wrote in message
> news2A964EE-DD6F-486D-B387-EB09265B5F5B@microsoft.com...
> > I have tried everything possible to get my HP PSC 500 to work with Vista,
> > had no problems with XP. The driver is there, but it presents an error
> > when I
> > go to print. I have contacted HP and they tell me because my machine,
> > which
> > is in perfect working condition, is 5 yrs old it will not work with Vista.
> > find this totally unacceptable and would like to find a solution to this
> > other than spending more money unneccessarily to get a 2nd printer that I
> > don't want or have room for
> > Any real suggestions out there?
> >
> > --
> > VISTA IS EVIL

> If HP does not have a Vista driver for your printer, that is not the fault
> of Microsoft. I assume that when you spoke with HP tech support, they
> confirmed that there is no Vista driver for your printer? How about simply
> trying to see if Vista will see the printer and install a generic printer
> driver for it? Remove any drivers or other software for the printer in
> Add/Remove Programs, unplug the printer from your computer and reboot. Plug
> the printer into your computer and turn on the printer. Vista may see the
> printer and offer to install a generic driver for it. This will likely not
> allow all of the previous functionality you may have had, but it may let you
> do basic printing.

pip

Re: HP & Vista
I have a toshiba laptop( satellite a200) and am running vista home basic.
Every time I unplug the hp c4280 all in one printer and then reconnect the
printer to the same usb that I unplugged from I have to reinstall my printer,
not completely but I have to run the install cd. What resolves are there to
this issue?????
--
pip

"huwyngr" wrote:

> In article <D2A964EE-DD6F-486D-B387-EB09265B5F5B@microsoft.com>, Bssgrl wrote:
>
> > I have tried everything possible to get my HP PSC 500 to work with Vista, I
> > had no problems with XP. The driver is there, but it presents an error when I
> > go to print.

> Both XP and VISTA have drivers "in the box"
>
> If you want help here, start by telling us what version of VISTA you have (Home
> editions do not have Fax & Scan) and exactly what the error message said.
>
> You say you cannot Print -- can you fax or scan?
>
> The people can try to help you.
>
> Also read the instructions on the HP website on how to get the device
> operational in VISTA:
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...n&cc=us&dlc=en
> &product=58710&lang=en

huwyngr

Re: HP & Vista
I'm getting lost -- are you bessgrl that I was dealing with?

pip

Re: HP & Vista
I can print,scan and copy the issue is having to reinstall everytime I unlpug.
--
pip