"Windows Fax and Scan" Set Up ?

Simon Davis

"Windows Fax and Scan" Set Up ?
I have a all in one HP 950xi that works only to prink,, but I can not get it
to work with Vista "Windows Fax and Scan". Is there some sort of setup that
I need to use to do so. I have Vista ultimate.

Peter

Re: "Windows Fax and Scan" Set Up ?
"Simon Davis" <simon@rcn.com> wrote in message
>I have a all in one HP 950xi that works only to prink,, but I can not get
>it to work with Vista "Windows Fax and Scan". Is there some sort of setup
>that I need to use to do so. I have Vista ultimate.

When you open Windows Fax and Scan did you set up scanner settings? Click
Scan at lower left then Tools/Scan Routings and Scan Settings - does it
appear in there at all? Also make sure that it's switched on and connected
to your computer.
If I remember anything else I'll post back.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Simon Davis

Re: "Windows Fax and Scan" Set Up ?
I went to tools and did not see my 950 in settings in order to ADD it under
scan settings.
and yes it is connected to my pc and I can print. I just can not scan or
fax. I really do not care much about Faxing but I would like to scan .
Thanks

"Peter" <nobody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Simon Davis" <simon@rcn.com> wrote in message
>>I have a all in one HP 950xi that works only to prink,, but I can not get
>>it to work with Vista "Windows Fax and Scan". Is there some sort of setup
>>that I need to use to do so. I have Vista ultimate.

> When you open Windows Fax and Scan did you set up scanner settings? Click
> Scan at lower left then Tools/Scan Routings and Scan Settings - does it
> appear in there at all? Also make sure that it's switched on and
> connected to your computer.
> If I remember anything else I'll post back.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2/SP3 Beta/Vista Ultimate SP1 Beta
> Triple Boot

Bob F.

Re: "Windows Fax and Scan" Set Up ?
You may need to load the s/w that came with the 950. Some of the HP
utilities need to be loaded from this disk before W&F recognizes your
scanner. So, load the HP applications, make sure they work, then bring up
W&F and get that working.
Bob F.

"Bob F." <bob@furtawNOSPAN.com> wrote in message
> You may need to load the s/w that came with the 950. Some of the HP
> utilities need to be loaded from this disk before W&F recognizes your
> scanner. So, load the HP applications, make sure they work, then bring up
> W&F and get that working.
> Bob F.
>
> "Simon Davis" <simon@rcn.com> wrote in message
>>I went to tools and did not see my 950 in settings in order to ADD it
>>under
>> scan settings.
>> and yes it is connected to my pc and I can print. I just can not scan or
>> fax. I really do not care much about Faxing but I would like to scan .
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Peter" <nobody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> "Simon Davis" <simon@rcn.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> When you open Windows Fax and Scan did you set up scanner settings?
>>> Click Scan at lower left then Tools/Scan Routings and Scan Settings -
>>> does it appear in there at all? Also make sure that it's switched on
>>> and connected to your computer.
>>> If I remember anything else I'll post back.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>> Toronto, Canada
>>> XP Pro SP2/SP3 Beta/Vista Ultimate SP1 Beta
>>> Triple Boot

I also assume that you've run the installation software for your fax modem?
You say you don't care about faxing, you just want to scan...? That has
nothing to do with Windows Fax & Scan in that case - if you just want to
scan that's up to your HP software.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
XP Pro SP2/SP3 Beta/Vista Ultimate SP1 Beta
Triple Boot

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: "Windows Fax and Scan" Set Up ?
WFS is not designed or intended for use with all-in-one devices. It is
highly unlikely your device will work with WFS.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Simon Davis" <simon@rcn.com> wrote in message
>I have a all in one HP 950xi that works only to prink,, but I can not get
>it to work with Vista "Windows Fax and Scan". Is there some sort of setup
>that I need to use to do so. I have Vista ultimate.

Simon Davis

Re: "Windows Fax and Scan" Set Up ?
I loaded old XP all in one drivers and then WFS saw the scanner,fax, and now
all works. Thank you everyone for your help

>I loaded old XP all in one drivers and then WFS saw the scanner,fax, and
>now all works. Thank you everyone for your help

Excellent, that's what I thought, you just had to meet WFS halfway! Thanks
for the feedback and closing the loop with us.
BobF.