HP Photosmart C4200 All in one

sally is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HP Photosmart C4200 All in one
Malke

Re: HP Photosmart C4200 All in one
sally wrote:

> Hi, I can't print nothing from my computer, the printer said the USB is
> no connected. I don't known what that means. Thank you:

We don't know what that means either, since you provided no details about
your computer, the problem (exact error messages) or what you've already
done. In general, to install a printer on Vista you go first to the printer
mftr.'s website and download Vista drivers. Then, without the printer
attached, you install the drivers. For HP printers, you'll be told when to
connect the cable during the installation routine. Here is a link to HP's
site where you can select the exact model of your C4200:

http://tinyurl.com/yq79d3

Pick the correct model and download the drivers.

If this doesn't work because of some other problem (for ex. perhaps this is
a computer where you installed Vista and forgot to get drivers for all your
hardware and none of the USB ports work), then please do post back after
looking at these links to see what details you need to include in your next
post so you can get specific help:

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
mikeyhsd

Re: HP Photosmart C4200 All in one
sounds like the printer is not plugged into the computer.

take a look at the manual that came with the printer on how to plug it into the computer.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"sally" <sally.34r88f@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:sally.34r88f@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

Hi, I can't print nothing from my computer, the printer said the USB is
no connected. I don't known what that means. Thank you:

--
sally

explosivo

sally;612431 Wrote:
> I can't print nothing from my computer

That's a double negative and it actually means that you can print
something from your computer. I, on the other hand, can't scan ANYTHING
because I receive the message saying USB not connected when in fact it
is. I can successfully print however. My C4200 is connected to a Vista
Ultimate x64 machine which I'm sure is the problem. If anybody is aware
of a fix for this annoying problem, please share

--
explosivo
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP Photosmart C4200 All in one
It's probably because your 64 bit version of Vista will not support Twain
which is the old software for scanning. Either get a newer multi function
printer will will support scanning under WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) and
64 bit or use a 32 bit version of Vista.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows