Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

emachine W3609 & printer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2007
=?Utf-8?B?a2FyZW4gYWxpYXMgc3RyNDU4?=
 

Posts: n/a
emachine W3609 & printer
I have LexMark Z25 (2004) and this new W3609 emachine windows vista basic
installed out of Walmart's shelves 2007 February. I dont understand how I
can be short on memory for a printer? Isnt 512 MB DDR & 120 GB factory more
than enough for loads of stuff like webcam, printer and gameplay? I'm lost!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: emachine W3609 & printer
I'm sorry, I don't understand your question...... 512mb of RAM is the
minimum I'd recommend for Vista (and if you have integrated graphics, the
part that the graphics card is using is deducted from that 512mb)..... but
what is this to do with your Lexmark?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"karen alias str458" <karen alias str458@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:135BDF56-CCFB-49EB-AE46-BDDB37CEC88F@microsoft.com...
>I have LexMark Z25 (2004) and this new W3609 emachine windows vista basic
> installed out of Walmart's shelves 2007 February. I dont understand how
> I
> can be short on memory for a printer? Isnt 512 MB DDR & 120 GB factory
> more
> than enough for loads of stuff like webcam, printer and gameplay? I'm
> lost!


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007
=?Utf-8?B?a2FyZW4gYWxpYXMgc3RyNDU4?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: emachine W3609 & printer
well, that's my point how can a pc be released to the public factory preset
windows vista home basic and have actually only 5o2 mb RAM before I get it
out out of the store ... as to my older printer from Lexmark Z25 I looked
back on their site and though many printers are getting new downloads for
compatiblity resolution I didn't see mine mentioned. However back on my
hardware printer screen I saw drivers for my Z25 . I went through the
motions of getting my printer hooked up but when it's time to print my taxes
windows says I need memory... or freezes up. I considered the winhlp32.exe
and tried downloading that once which absolutely says I can't install because
I don't have enough memory. That's why I am confussed that my XP had 512 mb
RAM and I had a webcam, printer and chat programs running simuteaneously.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> I'm sorry, I don't understand your question...... 512mb of RAM is the
> minimum I'd recommend for Vista (and if you have integrated graphics, the
> part that the graphics card is using is deducted from that 512mb)..... but
> what is this to do with your Lexmark?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "karen alias str458" <karen alias str458@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:135BDF56-CCFB-49EB-AE46-BDDB37CEC88F@microsoft.com...
> >I have LexMark Z25 (2004) and this new W3609 emachine windows vista basic
> > installed out of Walmart's shelves 2007 February. I dont understand how
> > I
> > can be short on memory for a printer? Isnt 512 MB DDR & 120 GB factory
> > more
> > than enough for loads of stuff like webcam, printer and gameplay? I'm
> > lost!

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2007
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: emachine W3609 & printer
What is the exact text of the error message you are receiving?

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer? I can find no
indications on the Lexmark website that this very old printer is even
supported in Vista, did you try asking Lexmark?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"karen alias str458" <karenaliasstr458@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A9A3155C-9821-4746-BE63-27D71B9BCE75@microsoft.com...
> well, that's my point how can a pc be released to the public factory
> preset
> windows vista home basic and have actually only 5o2 mb RAM before I get it
> out out of the store ... as to my older printer from Lexmark Z25 I
> looked
> back on their site and though many printers are getting new downloads for
> compatiblity resolution I didn't see mine mentioned. However back on my
> hardware printer screen I saw drivers for my Z25 . I went through the
> motions of getting my printer hooked up but when it's time to print my
> taxes
> windows says I need memory... or freezes up. I considered the
> winhlp32.exe
> and tried downloading that once which absolutely says I can't install
> because
> I don't have enough memory. That's why I am confussed that my XP had 512
> mb
> RAM and I had a webcam, printer and chat programs running simuteaneously.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry, I don't understand your question...... 512mb of RAM is the
>> minimum I'd recommend for Vista (and if you have integrated graphics, the
>> part that the graphics card is using is deducted from that 512mb).....
>> but
>> what is this to do with your Lexmark?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "karen alias str458" <karen alias str458@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:135BDF56-CCFB-49EB-AE46-BDDB37CEC88F@microsoft.com...
>> >I have LexMark Z25 (2004) and this new W3609 emachine windows vista
>> >basic
>> > installed out of Walmart's shelves 2007 February. I dont understand
>> > how
>> > I
>> > can be short on memory for a printer? Isnt 512 MB DDR & 120 GB factory
>> > more
>> > than enough for loads of stuff like webcam, printer and gameplay? I'm
>> > lost!

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2007
=?Utf-8?B?a2FyZW4gYWxpYXMgc3RyNDU4?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: emachine W3609 & printer
first) I just added +1G RAM (on emachine W3609 windows vista used factory
installed RAM 512 all up. Now lets see if Lexmark's popular Z25 printer has
room !

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What is the exact text of the error message you are receiving?
>
> Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer? I can find no
> indications on the Lexmark website that this very old printer is even
> supported in Vista, did you try asking Lexmark?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "karen alias str458" <karenaliasstr458@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A9A3155C-9821-4746-BE63-27D71B9BCE75@microsoft.com...
> > well, that's my point how can a pc be released to the public factory
> > preset
> > windows vista home basic and have actually only 5o2 mb RAM before I get it
> > out out of the store ... as to my older printer from Lexmark Z25 I
> > looked
> > back on their site and though many printers are getting new downloads for
> > compatiblity resolution I didn't see mine mentioned. However back on my
> > hardware printer screen I saw drivers for my Z25 . I went through the
> > motions of getting my printer hooked up but when it's time to print my
> > taxes
> > windows says I need memory... or freezes up. I considered the
> > winhlp32.exe
> > and tried downloading that once which absolutely says I can't install
> > because
> > I don't have enough memory. That's why I am confussed that my XP had 512
> > mb
> > RAM and I had a webcam, printer and chat programs running simuteaneously.
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm sorry, I don't understand your question...... 512mb of RAM is the
> >> minimum I'd recommend for Vista (and if you have integrated graphics, the
> >> part that the graphics card is using is deducted from that 512mb).....
> >> but
> >> what is this to do with your Lexmark?
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> >> http://www.coribright.com/windows
> >>
> >> "karen alias str458" <karen alias str458@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> >> in
> >> message news:135BDF56-CCFB-49EB-AE46-BDDB37CEC88F@microsoft.com...
> >> >I have LexMark Z25 (2004) and this new W3609 emachine windows vista
> >> >basic
> >> > installed out of Walmart's shelves 2007 February. I dont understand
> >> > how
> >> > I
> >> > can be short on memory for a printer? Isnt 512 MB DDR & 120 GB factory
> >> > more
> >> > than enough for loads of stuff like webcam, printer and gameplay? I'm
> >> > lost!
> >>
> >>

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2007
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: emachine W3609 & printer
I confirmed with Lexmark this morning that this very old printer IS NOT
supported under Vista. There are not drivers for Vista, not will they be
writing any.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"karen alias str458" <karenaliasstr458@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C479C030-6E4D-4C17-99A0-FFF8E78B1D0A@microsoft.com...
> first) I just added +1G RAM (on emachine W3609 windows vista used factory
> installed RAM 512 all up. Now lets see if Lexmark's popular Z25 printer
> has
> room !
>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2007
=?Utf-8?B?a2FyZW4gYWxpYXMgc3RyNDU4?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: emachine W3609 & printer

Thank You Cari- I came to that same conclussion. Good news is I did install
1G more memory ... I'll get a different printer. bye



"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> I confirmed with Lexmark this morning that this very old printer IS NOT
> supported under Vista. There are not drivers for Vista, not will they be
> writing any.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "karen alias str458" <karenaliasstr458@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:C479C030-6E4D-4C17-99A0-FFF8E78B1D0A@microsoft.com...
> > first) I just added +1G RAM (on emachine W3609 windows vista used factory
> > installed RAM 512 all up. Now lets see if Lexmark's popular Z25 printer
> > has
> > room !
> >

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2007
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: emachine W3609 & printer
Sorry to have been the bearer of bad news..... check that the printer you
want to buy is compatible before you get it, although nearly all of today's
available printers do have Vista drivers, there are some all in one units
that the printer manufacturers are still working on writing the drivers (HP
generally being the ones that seem to need to get working a bit harder)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"karen alias str458" <karenaliasstr458@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:10282A93-A120-4EEC-B599-A6F36F3D5964@microsoft.com...
>
> Thank You Cari- I came to that same conclussion. Good news is I did
> install
> 1G more memory ... I'll get a different printer. bye
>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2007
Hugh Wyn Griffith
 

Posts: n/a
Re: emachine W3609 & printer
In article <10282A93-A120-4EEC-B599-A6F36F3D5964@microsoft.com>, Karen
alias str458 wrote:

> I'll get a different printer.


Go somewhere that has a good return policy like Office Depot and
Staples around here so that if it does not work you can take it back
with XX days with no questions asked.

I know someone trustworthy at one of the big stores and he said in a
message yesterday that brand new printer models were coming in that day
with no driver for VISTA and no promise that there would be.

So ask ask ask, especially if you are getting a multipurpose machine
that includes fax or scanning.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone have a Dell Wireless All-In-One Printer 966 & using it with Vista? Jason microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-28-2007 19:50
File & Printer Sharing with Windows Vista =?Utf-8?B?QUpG?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 02-22-2007 03:49
File & Print Sharing with Vista Home Premium & XP wireless laptop =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 6 02-17-2007 04:55
Will Epson printer & HP scanner work under Vista RTM? VicTek microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 10 02-01-2007 22:40
Does anyone have a Dell Wireless All-In-One Printer 966 & using it with Vista? Jason microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 2 12-14-2006 06:49




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:53.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120