How to Print To File for modification

David B.

How to Print To File for modification

I want to print a graphic image from Firefox to a file for
modification using Paint Shop Pro. Normally the grapic would be
printed directly to my HP Laserjet 5P. I can print to file, but don't
understand the format or how to access it. After modification, I want
to print it on the HP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dustin Harper

Re: How to Print To File for modification
Can't you right click and save image as your graphic file?

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"David B." <tall_walker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I want to print a graphic image from Firefox to a file for
> modification using Paint Shop Pro. Normally the grapic would be
> printed directly to my HP Laserjet 5P. I can print to file, but don't
> understand the format or how to access it. After modification, I want
> to print it on the HP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

David B.

Re: How to Print To File for modification
On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 11:47:03 -0800, "Dustin Harper"
<dharper@vistarip.com> wrote:

>Can't you right click and save image as your graphic file?

The image file does not exist, its printed when you click "Print"
on the page that generates it. Its a shipping label. Thanks.
Dustin Harper

Re: How to Print To File for modification
It is a PRN file, and looking around, it looks like it is the printer
commands for the printer itself. There is a view that should work: GSView
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/

Give that a try and see if it works. I'm not sure if you can open that and
save it as an image, though.

--

> On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 11:47:03 -0800, "Dustin Harper"
> <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote:
>
>>Can't you right click and save image as your graphic file?

> The image file does not exist, its printed when you click "Print"
> on the page that generates it. Its a shipping label. Thanks.

Dieter Riekert

Re: How to Print To File for modification
gsview will only work for postscript printers.

There is another simple solution to import printed pages in other
programs like Word to document printer output or to graphic programs:
Set the option not to delete the spooled files after printing for your
hp printer.
Download my SplViewer from
http://www.lvbprint.de/bin/current/SplViewSetup.exe
Sorry it's in german, but not difficult to use.
Using the second toolbar button or Ctrl+J you see a list of all print
jobs for all local printers. Those with "NT EMF *" in the last column
can be viewed with the SplViewer.
Use Copy and Paste to transfer the actual page to the clipboard in
EMF-Format, which is understood by most graphic programs including Paint
Shop Pro.

There might be more programs which are able to copy EMF output.
Take a closer look to http://www.undocprint.org

Dieter

Dustin Harper wrote:
> It is a PRN file, and looking around, it looks like it is the printer
> commands for the printer itself. There is a view that should work:
> GSView http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/
>
> Give that a try and see if it works. I'm not sure if you can open that
> and save it as an image, though.

David B.

Re: How to Print To File for modification
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:35:22 +0100, Dieter Riekert
<dieter.riekert@lvbprint.de> wrote:

>gsview will only work for postscript printers.
>
>There is another simple solution to import printed pages in other
>programs like Word to document printer output or to graphic programs:
>Set the option not to delete the spooled files after printing for your
>hp printer.
>Download my SplViewer from
>http://www.lvbprint.de/bin/current/SplViewSetup.exe
>Sorry it's in german, but not difficult to use.
>Using the second toolbar button or Ctrl+J you see a list of all print
>jobs for all local printers. Those with "NT EMF *" in the last column
>can be viewed with the SplViewer.
>Use Copy and Paste to transfer the actual page to the clipboard in
>EMF-Format, which is understood by most graphic programs including Paint
>Shop Pro.

Thanks, this works fine and I will use it!