Spooler SubSystem Error

Eddie

Spooler SubSystem Error
I need some help with this error. Over the last couple of days I get this
message twice each day when I start my machine. I am not able to print with
my local printer or through my LAN. I have manually restarted the print
spooler service, but no joy when I try to print. I have made no changes to
my machine in recent days. The only thing I am aware of is an update to
Adobe Reader that came down the pike about the same time this problem
developed. Could that be the source of the problem? If so, do I need to
uninstall Adobe Reader and reinstall it, or leave it off my machine entirely?

Thanks in advance.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Spooler SubSystem Error
Same as the XP article here:
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need some help with this error. Over the last couple of days I get this
> message twice each day when I start my machine. I am not able to print
> with
> my local printer or through my LAN. I have manually restarted the print
> spooler service, but no joy when I try to print. I have made no changes
> my machine in recent days. The only thing I am aware of is an update to
> Adobe Reader that came down the pike about the same time this problem
> developed. Could that be the source of the problem? If so, do I need to
> uninstall Adobe Reader and reinstall it, or leave it off my machine
> entirely?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Eddie

Re: Spooler SubSystem Error
Thank you for the reply, Cari. Unfortunately, it did not work. I did
everything from the support article, but the spooler still refuses to run. I
did find that I had an old Lexmark X52 printer that I had tried to install
several months ago, but it did not run because it did not have Vista drivers.
I uninstalled it normally back then and have had no problems until two days
ago.

I do not have the LexMce spooler running in place of the Windows spooler.
Is there any possibility that the Adobe update caused the problem. It is the
only recent change that I have made that I can remember.