How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan

Boris

How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan
Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
can I download or what file is it on the software?

By the way, my new email address is:

hlush@tampabay.rr.com

Tom Lake

Re: How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan

"Boris" <Boris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
> can I download or what file is it on the software?

If you have a home version of Vista, you won't find it. It's only included
with
Business and Ultimate versions. You'll have to seek out a third party
version.

Tom Lake

Boris

Re: How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan
Tom,

I had it previously on my computer w/Home Premium.

"Tom Lake" wrote:

> "Boris" <Boris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
> > can I download or what file is it on the software?

> If you have a home version of Vista, you won't find it. It's only included
> with
> Business and Ultimate versions. You'll have to seek out a third party
> version.
>
> Tom Lake

Malke

Boris wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I had it previously on my computer w/Home Premium.
>

> "Tom Lake" wrote:
>
>> "Boris" <Boris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
>>> can I download or what file is it on the software?

>> If you have a home version of Vista, you won't find it. It's only included
>> with
>> Business and Ultimate versions. You'll have to seek out a third party
>> version.

No, you didn't. As Mr. Lake said, Windows Fax and Scan is not included
in the Home Basic/Premium versions of Vista. You may have had a faxing
program included with printer software.

If you have Vista Home Basic/Premium and you want to fax from your
computer, you will need a third-party faxing program that is compatible
with Vista.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan
Which version of Vista do you have?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Boris" <Boris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
> can I download or what file is it on the software?
>
> By the way, my new email address is:
>
> hlush@tampabay.rr.com

Chuck

Re: How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan
Remember that OEM copies of vista may differ from the standard versions.

> Boris wrote:
> > Tom,
> >
> > I had it previously on my computer w/Home Premium.
> >

> > "Tom Lake" wrote:
> >
> >> "Boris" <Boris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

How
> >> If you have a home version of Vista, you won't find it. It's only

included
> >> with
> >> Business and Ultimate versions. You'll have to seek out a third party
> >> version.

> No, you didn't. As Mr. Lake said, Windows Fax and Scan is not included
> in the Home Basic/Premium versions of Vista. You may have had a faxing
> program included with printer software.
>
> If you have Vista Home Basic/Premium and you want to fax from your
> computer, you will need a third-party faxing program that is compatible
> with Vista.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP

fedupon friday

RE: How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan
what a con - do mirosoft think that those of us that have had to have vista -
instead of the much prefered xp do not send faxes now!???

"Boris" wrote:

> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
> can I download or what file is it on the software?
>
> By the way, my new email address is:
>
> hlush@tampabay.rr.com

Bob F.

"fedupon friday" <fedupon friday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what a con - do mirosoft think that those of us that have had to have
> vista -
> instead of the much prefered xp do not send faxes now!???
>
> "Boris" wrote:
>
>> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan.
>> How
>> can I download or what file is it on the software?
>>
>> By the way, my new email address is:
>>
>> hlush@tampabay.rr.com

No, they just don't think they need to give it away free anymore since it's
not part of an operating system. They re-thought their bundling offerings.

--
BobF.

Art S

Re: How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan
I thought finally I would get myself A NEW laptop.So instead of a Mac which I
have always I had I figured I would give Windows a chance. So I have a Vista
laptop. I looked for the faxing software to send a fax and thought I was
going crazy. Windows was able to in the past. They don't have fax on Vista.
What in the world are they thinking? With all the problems I have heard about
it. I am sorry I went to Microsoft. I think instead of going backwards they
should go forwards. retain an obvious useful function. Common sense is that
it should still be on the machine.
Art

"Bob F." wrote:

> "fedupon friday" <fedupon friday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > what a con - do mirosoft think that those of us that have had to have
> > vista -
> > instead of the much prefered xp do not send faxes now!???
> >
> > "Boris" wrote:
> >
> >> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan.
> >> How
> >> can I download or what file is it on the software?
> >>
> >> By the way, my new email address is:
> >>
> >> hlush@tampabay.rr.com
> >>

> No, they just don't think they need to give it away free anymore since it's
> not part of an operating system. They re-thought their bundling offerings.
>
> --
> BobF.

Bob F.

Re: How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan

FAX not available in Vista Home Basic Premium. It is available in Ultimate,
Extreme and Business.

You might consider Snappy Fax at a slight cost:
http://www.snappysoftware.com/

or the Free version from BVRP:
http://www.usr.com/bvrp/bvrp.asp

or a full BVRP Classic Phone Tools 9: $29.90
http://www.shop.avanquest.com/usa/pr...S_CPT_homepage

I’ve used all of these. Snappy fax screen look a bit crude but the product
actually is fairly feature rich and works fine. BVRP also works fine,
screen looks a little better. Other than that, there are minor differences
in performance between the two.

--
Regards, BobF.