PRINTING WITH VISTA

Lichtaffen

PRINTING WITH VISTA
I have a Canon LBP 1120 printer connected to a Windows XP PC and a Vista
Laptop. I used to be able to print from both computers..... suddenly the
printer started rejecting orders to print from the Vista Lapton. It sends to
the Canon printer menu but it disappears after a few seconds. I've
reinstalled the driver but no joy. Find it strange that it used to print from
the Laptop but suddenly stopped yet still prints from the Windows PC.
Help much appreciated as I don't wish to pay the £99.00 Dell wants to charge
to trouble shoot the problem!

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: PRINTING WITH VISTA
Did you uninstall the drivers on the Vista notebook before you reinstalled
them?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Lichtaffen" <Lichtaffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Canon LBP 1120 printer connected to a Windows XP PC and a Vista
> Laptop. I used to be able to print from both computers..... suddenly the
> printer started rejecting orders to print from the Vista Lapton. It sends
> the Canon printer menu but it disappears after a few seconds. I've
> reinstalled the driver but no joy. Find it strange that it used to print
> from
> the Laptop but suddenly stopped yet still prints from the Windows PC.
> Help much appreciated as I don't wish to pay the £99.00 Dell wants to
> charge
> to trouble shoot the problem!

Tom Ferguson

Re: PRINTING WITH VISTA
This is a bit of a long shot-

Does the laptop use Norton Internet Security or Norton Anti-virus? If so,
disable or remove it. Then try installing the printer driver. Try printing.

If it is a Norton trial version and you want to continue testing it, make
sure you can re-install it before removing it.

To be secure if the Norton suite is removed, consider installing Avast. Its
free for the home version for home use. If you want to continue using it,
you should register; however, that is also free.
http://www.download.com/Avast-Home-E...3.html?tag=lst
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Lichtaffen" <Lichtaffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Canon LBP 1120 printer connected to a Windows XP PC and a Vista
> Laptop. I used to be able to print from both computers..... suddenly the
> printer started rejecting orders to print from the Vista Lapton. It sends
> the Canon printer menu but it disappears after a few seconds. I've
> reinstalled the driver but no joy. Find it strange that it used to print
> from
> the Laptop but suddenly stopped yet still prints from the Windows PC.
> Help much appreciated as I don't wish to pay the £99.00 Dell wants to
> charge
> to trouble shoot the problem!

Lichtaffen

Re: PRINTING WITH VISTA
Yes

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you uninstall the drivers on the Vista notebook before you reinstalled
> them?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Lichtaffen" <Lichtaffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Canon LBP 1120 printer connected to a Windows XP PC and a Vista
> > Laptop. I used to be able to print from both computers..... suddenly the
> > printer started rejecting orders to print from the Vista Lapton. It sends
> > the Canon printer menu but it disappears after a few seconds. I've
> > reinstalled the driver but no joy. Find it strange that it used to print
> > from
> > the Laptop but suddenly stopped yet still prints from the Windows PC.
> > Help much appreciated as I don't wish to pay the £99.00 Dell wants to
> > charge
> > to trouble shoot the problem!

Lichtaffen

Re: PRINTING WITH VISTA