printing from ie 7

sabrena

printing from ie 7
ok i have vista home, i have tried i think everything, i cant get the web
pages to print all i get is codes.....i cant even print this page out!!!!! i
am about to throw this dumb thing out the window! and regret ever buying a hp
with vista....
Kevin

Re: printing from ie 7

"sabrena" <sabrena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok i have vista home, i have tried i think everything, i cant get the web
> pages to print all i get is codes.....i cant even print this page out!!!!!
> am about to throw this dumb thing out the window! and regret ever buying a
> hp
> with vista....

Don't panic. Yet. Is your printer set up properly? Does the printer send
out a good test page using the controls on the printer itself? Check the
documentation for how to print a test page. If it prints the test page,
then the printer is working. It could still be screwed up in the setup
however. Make sure it is installed properly.

What happens when you try to print out a web page by going File>Print and
choosing a printer? In IE7 you will probably have to choose to show the old
menu bar by right clicking up on an empty portion of the toolbar up at the
top of the page. Anywhere to the right of the tabs that is empty. Or
simply right clicking the page and choose Print.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: printing from ie 7
Check with HP for their fix for the HP Director program, it's a known
problem with HP software and Vista. It should be found along with the
latest drivers for your HP printer.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"sabrena" <sabrena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok i have vista home, i have tried i think everything, i cant get the web
> pages to print all i get is codes.....i cant even print this page out!!!!!
> am about to throw this dumb thing out the window! and regret ever buying a
> hp
> with vista....

Boba & Ilinka

Re: printing from ie 7
Please, do not call HP. It night mer. They couldn't solve the problem.

Boba Vankufer

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Check with HP for their fix for the HP Director program, it's a known
> problem with HP software and Vista. It should be found along with the
> latest drivers for your HP printer.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "sabrena" <sabrena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> ok i have vista home, i have tried i think everything, i cant get the
>> web
>> pages to print all i get is codes.....i cant even print this page
>> out!!!!! i
>> am about to throw this dumb thing out the window! and regret ever buying
>> a hp
>> with vista....

Sibuan

RE: printing from ie 7
Hiya Sabrena:

HP is lagging behind in terms of updating necessary printer drivers for
Vista. We do not have any information to make an educated conclusion that the
fault lies with HP. What we know is that in order for HP to produce
functional printer drivers for Windows Vista requires co-operation from
Microsoft to provide necessary program codes. HP released Universal printer
drivers for a wide range of printers for Vista but IE remains a mystery. If I
am not mistaken, Microsoft has not shared or disclosed the necessary IE
program codes for third party hardware manufacturer to produce functional
drivers.

The main problems with printer drivers with IE (webpage printing) in my
humble opinion lies in "Security" and/or maintaining high integrity of
program while connected to internet environment. Some users manage to
overcome this problem by temporarily disable the "Protected Mode" in
[Internet Option]. You can also try the following suggested method.

Problem:
While you click the <Print> from IE7, you will encounter a reply saying that
a required file could not be found at path similar to this:
c:\users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\[filename]

Solution:
1) Activate Command Prompt - goto [Start] [All Programs] [Accessories]
[Command Prompt]
2) at [Command Prompt] window, it will show C:\Users\[username]
Type the following command:

icacls c:\users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)L

Note: Please replace [username] with your login/user name
If you have relocated your virtual memory directory, the directory will be
varied from the above example.

3) Close Command Prompt window

* Ignore the "successful/failure" notices - just try to "Print Preview" from
IE7 and test the result
- you do not require to reboot your system for this to work.