Scanning pages with sheet feeder

Tony Linguini

Scanning pages with sheet feeder
I have a HP 5590 scanner, and vista scan will not pick up multiple pages
through the sheet feeder. The HP software will. I cannot seem to find a
setting or is this a known problem? Thank you.

huwyngr

Re: Scanning pages with sheet feeder
In article <euHPlRNaIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Tony Linguini
wrote:

> vista scan will not pick up multiple pages*
> through the sheet feeder. The HP software will.

This sounds like a situation where the HP scanner is not using the
VISTA Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service but using the HP TWAIN in
order to communicate.

You might try checking Computer Management ... Services and seeing
whether WIA is Automatic / Manual / Disabled and setting it to
Automatic but I don't think that scanners using TWAIN can be operated
by WIA dependent services.

See if anyone here knows more about this and be thankful the HP
Software works!

Tony Linguini

Re: Scanning pages with sheet feeder
WIA setting is automatic, so I can get by with using the HP software.
Thanks.
news:VA.000005d0.01cbd44f@unspam.tampabay.rr.com.. .

In article <#jSqD0yaIHA.5348@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, Tony Linguini wrote:

> WIA setting is automatic, so I can get by with using the HP software.*

Just in case ... Try turning off WIA and rebooting and then turning it
back onto Automatic and rebooting and seeing if The VISTA Fax utility
works .....

But set a restore point before you do in case it stops HP from working.
But my experience with the freestanding HP SJ5P Scanner was that if I
turned off WIA I could install the HP Software and it would recognize
the scanner, which it did not before or else WIA jumped in and said it
could not, but that later with WIA on Automatic the HP utilities
continued to work and WIA was available for other applications.

This started back on W2K and continued through XP to VISTA but I don't
have scanning or faxing from the computer.

HP Deskscan 2.9 that I used did write Scan menu items into some
applications -- including MS WORD, Lotus WordPro and Irfanview from
memory.