Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/)
-   microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/)
-   -   HP DJ450 won't print (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/190215-hp-dj450-wont-print.html)

Alexandr Klein 02-05-2008 12:44

HP DJ450 won't print

Hi,

i have problem with HP Deskjet 450 under Vista Home Premium. Printer is
installed by Vista, everything looks ok, but i can't print. When i want to
print Test page, only row of 2-20 smilies is coming out in best case and
print job shows error . When i ask HP, they say Microsoft is responsible for
drivers. Microsoft says i should ask HP. I slowly begin to be annoyed. Have
bought short certified hi-speed USB 2.0 cable, no help.

Windows update shows that there is optional update for Other hardware -
dj450 USB, dowloaded and it says it is not possible to install, error code:
80070103.

Under Win XP are no problems.

Is there any solution aside from buying new printer or downgrade to XP?
Is there a way to install this update (don't know if that helps, but i am
really hopeless)

Thank you

Kevin 02-05-2008 22:02

Re: HP DJ450 won't print

"Alexandr Klein" <AlexandrKlein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i have problem with HP Deskjet 450 under Vista Home Premium. Printer is
> installed by Vista, everything looks ok, but i can't print. When i want to
> print Test page, only row of 2-20 smilies is coming out in best case and
> print job shows error . When i ask HP, they say Microsoft is responsible
> for
> drivers. Microsoft says i should ask HP. I slowly begin to be annoyed.
> Have
> bought short certified hi-speed USB 2.0 cable, no help.
>
> Windows update shows that there is optional update for Other hardware -
> dj450 USB, dowloaded and it says it is not possible to install, error
> code:
> 80070103.
>
> Under Win XP are no problems.
>
> Is there any solution aside from buying new printer or downgrade to XP?
> Is there a way to install this update (don't know if that helps, but i am
> really hopeless)
>
> Thank you

Are you using the Vista driver appropriate to your printer model? There are
three distinct models of the 450 shown on the HP Support site.

Alexandr Klein 02-06-2008 10:08

Re: HP DJ450 won't print

"Kevin" wrote:

> Are you using the Vista driver appropriate to your printer model? There are
> three distinct models of the 450 shown on the HP Support site.

Well, there are 3 models, but i suppose drivers are the same. Vista installs
drivers automatically, i can't choose or change anything.

In Device Manager this Printer shows up as HP Laserjet 450 (DOT4PRT), maybe
this is the Problem???? In Control Panel/Printers is only HP Deskjet 450.

Kevin 02-06-2008 20:38

Re: HP DJ450 won't print

> "Kevin" wrote:
>
>> Are you using the Vista driver appropriate to your printer model? There
>> are
>> three distinct models of the 450 shown on the HP Support site.
>>

> Well, there are 3 models, but i suppose drivers are the same. Vista
> installs
> drivers automatically, i can't choose or change anything.
>
> In Device Manager this Printer shows up as HP Laserjet 450 (DOT4PRT),
> maybe
> this is the Problem???? In Control Panel/Printers is only HP Deskjet 450.

Use the driver for your model off the HP website.

Alexandr Klein 02-06-2008 21:54

Re: HP DJ450 won't print

Alexandr Klein 02-06-2008 21:59

Re: HP DJ450 won't print

"Kevin" wrote:

> Use the driver for your model off the HP website.

Can you please show me, where on the HP website can I download drivers for
Deskjet 450 under VISTA???? That was the first thing i tried. There are NO
drivers for Vista. There is only note: No special driver download is
necessary for this product. Driver is included with Windows Vista. But that
driver doesn't work.

I tried to install this printer on laptop and on desktop with same result,
so it is not hardware fault.

huwyngr 02-06-2008 23:43

Re: HP DJ450 won't print

There is no downloadable driver on the HP website -- just instructions
that it is in VISTA and how to install it on a range of different
printers including the DJ450 .....

huwyngr 02-06-2008 23:43

Re: HP DJ450 won't print

As you say:

<< The print driver solution for this product is included with the
Microsoft Windows Vista operating system and is already on the
computer. No special driver download is necessary for this product.
Please follow the simple instructions below to easily get the product
working with Microsoft Windows Vista Operating system. >>

but check the instructions in the document at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...e=c00868762&cc
=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

in case you are missing anything.

<< In Device Manager this Printer shows up as HP Laserjet 450 (DOT4PRT)
... In Control Panel/Printers is only HP Deskjet 450. >>

I've an idea you may need to right mouse click on that Control
Panel/Printers icon, select Properties and make sure it is actually
using that DOT4 port.

No flags in Device Manager showing a problem there?

Alexandr Klein 02-08-2008 10:27

Re: HP DJ450 won't print

"huwyngr" wrote:

> As you say:
>
> << The print driver solution for this product is included with the
> Microsoft Windows Vista operating system and is already on the
> computer. No special driver download is necessary for this product.
> Please follow the simple instructions below to easily get the product
> working with Microsoft Windows Vista Operating system. >>
>
> but check the instructions in the document at:
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...e=c00868762&cc
> =us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
>
> in case you are missing anything.
>
> << In Device Manager this Printer shows up as HP Laserjet 450 (DOT4PRT)
> ... In Control Panel/Printers is only HP Deskjet 450. >>
>
> I've an idea you may need to right mouse click on that Control
> Panel/Printers icon, select Properties and make sure it is actually
> using that DOT4 port.
>
> No flags in Device Manager showing a problem there?

Printer is using DOT4_001, this is only one DOT4 port available.

In Device manager is no flag, but there is only HP Laserjet 450 (DOT4PRT) in
section Printer compatible with IEEE 1284.4. I have no Laserjet, maybe this
is the problem - Vista recognizes my printer as Laserjet? Deskjet 450 is not
showing up in Device manager, but that is maybe correct, i don't have other
USB printer available to test it. In Control panel/Printers is only Deskjet
450 and Microsoft XPS Document writer.

Alexandr Klein 02-08-2008 10:36

Re: HP DJ450 won't print

"Alexandr Klein" wrote:

> "huwyngr" wrote:
>
> > As you say:
> >
> > << The print driver solution for this product is included with the
> > Microsoft Windows Vista operating system and is already on the
> > computer. No special driver download is necessary for this product.
> > Please follow the simple instructions below to easily get the product
> > working with Microsoft Windows Vista Operating system. >>
> >
> > but check the instructions in the document at:
> >
> > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...e=c00868762&cc
> > =us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
> >
> > in case you are missing anything.
> >
> > << In Device Manager this Printer shows up as HP Laserjet 450 (DOT4PRT)
> > ... In Control Panel/Printers is only HP Deskjet 450. >>
> >
> > I've an idea you may need to right mouse click on that Control
> > Panel/Printers icon, select Properties and make sure it is actually
> > using that DOT4 port.
> >
> > No flags in Device Manager showing a problem there?
> >

> Printer is using DOT4_001, this is only one DOT4 port available.
>
> In Device manager is no flag, but there is only HP Laserjet 450 (DOT4PRT) in
> section Printer compatible with IEEE 1284.4. I have no Laserjet, maybe this
> is the problem - Vista recognizes my printer as Laserjet? Deskjet 450 is not
> showing up in Device manager, but that is maybe correct, i don't have other
> USB printer available to test it. In Control panel/Printers is only Deskjet
> 450 and Microsoft XPS Document writer.

Just found HP Deskjet 450 in Device Managers after clicking on Show hidden
devices :-/ so it is there.