How to Remove a USB Printer?

Paul DeVivo

How to Remove a USB Printer?
What is the correct way to delete / uninstall / remove a USB printer so all
it's driver files are also removed so that, if reconnected, it will be
discovered by Windows (new hardware found) just as if it had never
previously been connected?

Kevin

Re: How to Remove a USB Printer?

"Paul DeVivo" <pdevivo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What is the correct way to delete / uninstall / remove a USB printer so
> all it's driver files are also removed so that, if reconnected, it will be
> discovered by Windows (new hardware found) just as if it had never
> previously been connected?

Add/Remove Programs. If there's an entry there for the printer, remove it.
Reboot and that should take care of the driver. I take it you are having
issues installing a printer?

huwyngr

In article <#0Ne5y1ZIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, Paul DeVivo wrote:

> What is the correct way to delete / uninstall / remove a USB printer

Unplug the printer cable from the PC end

Go to Control Panel / Printers and delete any icons for the printer

Go to COntrol Panel / Remove Programs and uninstall any programs
relating to the printer

Reboot the PC.

If you want to install the printer software/driver from the printer
manufacturer make sure you do not plug the USB cable into the PC until
either the installation software tells you to or until you reach
[Finish] -- if you do not observe this sequence, VISTA will detect the
printer, as you say you want, but it will then install any driver it
has on board already "out of the box" and this may not be the most
recent or the fully featured one.

So first of all check the printer maker's website and download any
files they have -- make sure you download them using SAVE and not
Install Now or RUN. Note where they are downloaded to and then go there
to install them.

You may find "Fully featured software" to use the HP terminology and
you may also find fixes for problems so check everything that could be
needed before downloading.

Paul DeVivo

Re: How to Remove a USB Printer?
The printer does not have software listed in Add/Remove programs. It's my
understanding that deleting the printer from the Printers window only
deletes the icon, not the actual driver file(s).

Philippe BADIN

VISTA 64 Integ. ed. refused CANON MP500 DRIVER connections on USB
Hi

I've got the same trouble than Jeff after the last WISTA update with my
CANON PIXMA
MP500 ... I've tryed all.
Drivers was correctly installed (VISTA 64 Integral ed driver or CANON
Driver), but when I've connected the printer Windows can't recognises it.
When I check USB port, all are OK, but I see that USB port isn't associted
to the printer and to the driver.
In fact we have a new VISTA trouble for CANON and USB connections :
Driver can't associated the CANON on USB port.

Could you tell me how can I solve this trouble please ?

Thank you
Best regards