Unable to custom page size.

DougMcP

Unable to custom page size.
I Have a new Vista OS computer with Word 2007, and a newly installed Epson
LX300+ impact printer for our business forms. I am able to print letter size
documents form multiple programs(notepad, wordpad and Word). I'm unable to
change the size eventhough I'm using custom page size and Word is displaying
the page changes. I went through Epson Phone Support checking all of my
printers choices and finally tried to add a new page size by way of
ControlPanel = Printers = Properties = custom Page. None of my document
programs see this change or all of the page sizes I see availiable in
properties when I go through Print:Page Setup:Advance. Epson Support said its
the OS not letting Document Program see new page size and to bring up with
Microsoft. Any Suggestions.

thanks DougMcP
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Unable to custom page size.
The Form sizes must fit within the dimensions defined in Custom of the GPD
for the printer. Add form sizes starting with something smaller than letter
but bigger that what you are currently attempting to define. The sizes that
are allowable by the GPD will be displayed.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"DougMcP" <DougMcP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsD2EF515-1D74-45BA-A501-071AD06340E8@microsoft.com...
>I Have a new Vista OS computer with Word 2007, and a newly installed Epson
> LX300+ impact printer for our business forms. I am able to print letter
> size
> documents form multiple programs(notepad, wordpad and Word). I'm unable
> change the size eventhough I'm using custom page size and Word is
> displaying
> the page changes. I went through Epson Phone Support checking all of my
> printers choices and finally tried to add a new page size by way of
> ControlPanel = Printers = Properties = custom Page. None of my document
> programs see this change or all of the page sizes I see availiable in
> properties when I go through Print:Page Setup:Advance. Epson Support said
> its
> the OS not letting Document Program see new page size and to bring up with
> Microsoft. Any Suggestions.
>
> thanks DougMcP

amitpasad

Re: Unable to custom page size.

Mr. Alan

Hasn't Microsoft came up with something simple so as for us to use the
custom forms for printing rather than making changes in the PPD file
(and which even done doesn't work).. its being really a tedious job for
me to print my custom forms for billing through XP and again switch back
to vista as for doing so i need to restart my PC every time, i guess
company must have come up with simple solution equal to as it offered in
XP

Thanking you...
Amit

--
amitpasad
amitpasad

Re: Unable to custom page size.

Hello Friends

From long time i am trying to figure out the solution for using our
choice of printer form in Vista!

I, had tried all option mentioned on the related forums but in vain.
Lastly i myslf was trying all the option that are possible, and voila i
got the solution.

Here's the way i got it.

Requirement: Microsoft XPS Documet Writer.

start>priters>sever properties

Here you have to define the form size of your choice and name it.

Now open any application and try to open its Print Dialouge Box.
(Where you can issue print command).

Here you have to select 'Microsoft XPS Document Writer' as print
option.

In preferences of document you might be able to see your defined form
along with other forms. Select that form and hit the print button.

Save the file with name of your choice and exit.

Now you may be able to see the form size you had defined in any
application you might want to work with.

Do try the above trick and see if its working.

Folks if it is, do leave some comments.

Keep Exploring..

Cherishing Life,
Amit(AP)