Cannpt install EPSON CX6600 printer in VISTA

PMM649

Cannpt install EPSON CX6600 printer in VISTA
Hi, I need help.
I followed the instructions on how to properly install:
1- Plug the printer ia an available USB port
2- Search and find the appropriate driver (Option 1)
3- Then the system looks for a WINDOWS update for the driver
4- At the insert the disk f, I select I don't have the disk sjow me other
options
5- Then I select find the driver on my computer
6- Then I let the system look on the whole C drive.
7- Then the system tells me that it cannot find the driver

My system is up to date with WINDOWS.
--
PMM
mikeyhsd

Re: Cannpt install EPSON CX6600 printer in VISTA
download the proper drivers from Epson web site.
install the drivers and follow the prompts on when to plug in/ turn on the printer.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"PMM649" <PMM649@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CB5A652-5069-4322-A388-5511270B81C3@microsoft.com...
Hi, I need help.
I followed the instructions on how to properly install:
1- Plug the printer ia an available USB port
2- Search and find the appropriate driver (Option 1)
3- Then the system looks for a WINDOWS update for the driver
4- At the insert the disk f, I select I don't have the disk sjow me other
options
5- Then I select find the driver on my computer
6- Then I let the system look on the whole C drive.
7- Then the system tells me that it cannot find the driver

My system is up to date with WINDOWS.
--
PMM
PMM649

Re: Cannpt install EPSON CX6600 printer in VISTA
Hi Mikeyhsd,

The EPSON CX6600 Printer drivers for VISTA are NOT available on the Epson
site.
I wrote to EPSON support and they responded:
The CX6600 Epson drivers are pre installed on Vista if you continue to
experience issues installing the drivers you may have to contact Microsoft.

Windows Vista printer and scanner drivers are available for your product.
The printer software is available by using the Automatic Software Update
service built into Windows Vista verify that you have used the steps below.
The scanner software is available for download through Epson’s website.

PRINTER DRIVER DOWNLOAD

Please follow these steps to set up your Epson product and automatically
download the Windows Vista printer driver for it from Microsoft:

1. Connect the USB cable to your computer and then to your Epson product.

2. When the FOUND NEW HARDWARE window appears, select Locate and Install
Driver Software (Recommended).

3. Your Epson product drivers will install automatically. You may need to
select this option more than once during installation.

4. Close any open windows on your screen.

5. Try printing.

Any idea on what to do to perform the install?
--
PMM

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> download the proper drivers from Epson web site.
> install the drivers and follow the prompts on when to plug in/ turn on the printer.
>

> mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com
>

> "PMM649" <PMM649@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CB5A652-5069-4322-A388-5511270B81C3@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I need help.
> I followed the instructions on how to properly install:
> 1- Plug the printer ia an available USB port
> 2- Search and find the appropriate driver (Option 1)
> 3- Then the system looks for a WINDOWS update for the driver
> 4- At the insert the disk f, I select I don't have the disk sjow me other
> options
> 5- Then I select find the driver on my computer
> 6- Then I let the system look on the whole C drive.
> 7- Then the system tells me that it cannot find the driver
>
> My system is up to date with WINDOWS.
> --
> PMM

liquid_dreams

Re: Cannpt install EPSON CX6600 printer in VISTA

Hi

i have a similar problem using Vista Ultimate x64. I have downloaded
the Scan driver and the easy print utility that Epson provide on their
site, and then plugged my printer in and let it install the driver from
the microsoft update feature.

epson do not provide the print driver, and windows cannot install the
driver itself

printer comes up as a USB 2.0 MFP device, instead of saying 'CX6600
found' like it did under vista x86.

anyone have a solution to this problem.

--
liquid_dreams
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Cannpt install EPSON CX6600 printer in VISTA
MFP would be an acronym for MultiFunction Printer. Does it actually print
using this driver?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"liquid_dreams" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> i have a similar problem using Vista Ultimate x64. I have downloaded
> the Scan driver and the easy print utility that Epson provide on their
> site, and then plugged my printer in and let it install the driver from
> the microsoft update feature.
>
> epson do not provide the print driver, and windows cannot install the
> driver itself
>
> printer comes up as a USB 2.0 MFP device, instead of saying 'CX6600
> found' like it did under vista x86.
>
> anyone have a solution to this problem.
>

> --
> liquid_dreams

liquid_dreams

Re: Cannpt install EPSON CX6600 printer in VISTA

doesnt print. it fails finding the driver, asks me to insert the disk
that come with it, which i do, but is totally pointless as the drivers
are made for 32 bit XP

--
liquid_dreams
Bistey Csaba

Re: Cannpt install EPSON CX6600 printer in VISTA
It has 64bit xp driver available from Epson perhaps you could give it a
chance. (as looks like no 64bit Vista driver available for it)

Csaba

liquid_dreams wrote:
> doesnt print. it fails finding the driver, asks me to insert the disk
> that come with it, which i do, but is totally pointless as the drivers
> are made for 32 bit XP

liquid_dreams

Re: Cannpt install EPSON CX6600 printer in VISTA

well, in the past 30 mins, or how long it has since i last posted, i
found a new problem

i plug my external enclosure in, goes to install the sata usb bridge
(or whatever it is called) fails saying access denied.

does the same for my corsair survivor 8gb flash too

could all these problems be related??

oh, i will download the XP x64 driver and try that, cheers

--
liquid_dreams