Print Spooler Error Durring Download

Danni

Print Spooler Error Durring Download
I have been trying to install my printer on my computer and I get an error
message when I try to download my driver for my HP Photosmart C4180 and the
installation is stopped and this pops up :
The service has stopped and needs to be running for installation to
continue. Click fix to have the installer start service.

Service: Spooler

Manufacturer: Microsoft

Version: 0.0.0.0

I have checked to see if the Print Spooler is running and it has been
stopped I try to start it and this Error pops up:

Windows could not start Print Spooler Service on local computer.

ERROR 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for
deletion.

Thanks to anyone who knows what may help!

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Print Spooler Error Durring Download
Did you replace a Lexmark or Dell printer with the HP? If so be sure to
download the Uninstall utility for the previous device which will remove the
stuff that gets installed outside of the spooler service knowledge.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

sithuhtaik@gmail.com

On Feb 3, 7:41 am, Danni <Da...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to install my printer on my computer and I get an error
> message when I try to download my driver for my HP Photosmart C4180 and the
> installation is stopped and this pops up :
> The service has stopped and needs to be running for installation to
> continue. Click fix to have the installer start service.
>
> Service: Spooler
>
> Manufacturer: Microsoft

> Version: 0.0.0.0
>
> I have checked to see if the Print Spooler is running and it has been
> stopped I try to start it and this Error pops up:
>
> Windows could not start Print Spooler Service on local computer.
>
> ERROR 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for
> deletion.
>
> Thanks to anyone who knows what may help!

Please download and install a utility program from HP website at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...c=en&lang=e n

In my PC, it solved the problem.