Can not install Canon MP210

jwskms

Can not install Canon MP210

I just puchased a new Gateway computer and printer package. The Gateway
is a FX7020 and the printer is a Canon MP210. The OS is Vista Home
Premium.

I followed the installation instructions to the letter, but the printer
software never recognizes the printer and as a result does not complete
the installation.

I have rebooted as directed, but the problem persists.

Here is the history:

Prior to installing this new Canon MP210 printer I already had a Canon
IP4200. This printer also had problems installing, but I was able to
manually configure the printer by going to "Add New Hardware" in the
Control Panel, select printers and then select the Canon ip4200 in the
list. I configured it for port USB2* that was on the screen.

For whatever reason, each time I restarted the computer the "New
Hardware" dialog box came up and for many days I would just close and go
on. I did not have any printing problems and things seems to work OK.

This morning I select "Don't ask me again" on the "New Hardware" dialog
and could not print any longer.

So I uninstalled the Canon ip4200 and started over, but this time the
USB2* port was not available in the list of ports for the printer in the
manual Add Hardware dialog boxes.

At this point, I was tired of fooling with the Canon ip4200 and since I
had new Canon MP210, I decided to install it and move on...

So now you know the full story... I follow the instructions precisely
and the drivers will not install. I look in the Add Hardware
configuration dialog box and the USB port does not show up.

I am guessing that by telling the "New Hardware" box to quit prompting
me about the ip4200, it has disabled the USB ports or something.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jeff

--
jwskms
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Can not install Canon MP210
Go into Device Manager, uninstall the USB Controllers and reboot the PC.
Vista should reinstall the USB ports automatically.

You shouldn't use Add New Hardware for a printer, you should use the Canon
software packages. They work fine. I have the following Canon printers all
installed on Vista PCs.... i950, ip4200, ip4300, ip6600 and ip6700.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"jwskms" <jwskms.3466n2@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I just puchased a new Gateway computer and printer package. The Gateway
> is a FX7020 and the printer is a Canon MP210. The OS is Vista Home
> Premium.
>
> I followed the installation instructions to the letter, but the printer
> software never recognizes the printer and as a result does not complete
> the installation.
>
> I have rebooted as directed, but the problem persists.
>
> Here is the history:
>
> Prior to installing this new Canon MP210 printer I already had a Canon
> IP4200. This printer also had problems installing, but I was able to
> manually configure the printer by going to "Add New Hardware" in the
> Control Panel, select printers and then select the Canon ip4200 in the
> list. I configured it for port USB2* that was on the screen.
>
> For whatever reason, each time I restarted the computer the "New
> Hardware" dialog box came up and for many days I would just close and go
> on. I did not have any printing problems and things seems to work OK.
>
> This morning I select "Don't ask me again" on the "New Hardware" dialog
> and could not print any longer.
>
> So I uninstalled the Canon ip4200 and started over, but this time the
> USB2* port was not available in the list of ports for the printer in the
> manual Add Hardware dialog boxes.
>
> At this point, I was tired of fooling with the Canon ip4200 and since I
> had new Canon MP210, I decided to install it and move on...
>
> So now you know the full story... I follow the instructions precisely
> and the drivers will not install. I look in the Add Hardware
> configuration dialog box and the USB port does not show up.
>
> I am guessing that by telling the "New Hardware" box to quit prompting
> me about the ip4200, it has disabled the USB ports or something.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Jeff
>

> --
> jwskms

Chad (webmaster)

Re: Can not install Canon MP210
On Feb 2, 4:34*pm, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)" <newsgro...@coribright.com>
wrote:> Go into Device Manager, uninstall the USB Controllers and
windows> > "jwskms" <jwskms.346...@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message>
> news:jwskms.3466n2@no-mx.forums.net...> > > > > > > I just puchased

a new Gateway computer and printer package. *The Gateway> > is a
FX7020 and the printer is a Canon MP210. *The OS is Vista Home> >
Premium.> > > I followed the installation instructions to the letter,
but the printer> > software never recognizes the printer and as a
result does not complete> > the installation.> > > I have rebooted as
directed, but the problem persists.> > > Here is the history:> > >
Prior to installing this new Canon MP210 printer I already had a
Canon> > IP4200. *This printer also had problems installing, but I was
able to> > manually configure the printer by going to "Add New
Hardware" in the> > Control Panel, select printers and then select the
Canon ip4200 in the> > list. *I configured it for port USB2* that was
on the screen.> > > For whatever reason, each time I restarted the
computer the "New> > Hardware" dialog box came up and for many days I
would just close and go> > on. *I did not have any printing problems
and things seems to work OK.> > > This morning I select "Don't ask me
again" on the "New Hardware" dialog> > and could not print any
longer.> > > So I uninstalled the Canon ip4200 and started over, but
this time the> > USB2* port was not available in the list of ports for
the printer in the> > manual Add Hardware dialog boxes.> > > At this
point, I was tired of fooling with the Canon ip4200 and since I> > had
new Canon MP210, I decided to install it and move on...> > > So now
you know the full story... I follow the instructions precisely> > and
the drivers will not install. *I look in the Add Hardware> >
configuration dialog box and the USB port does not show up.> > > I am
guessing that by telling the "New Hardware" box to quit prompting> >
me about the ip4200, it has disabled the USB ports or something.> > >
Can anyone help?> > > Thanks,> > > Jeff> > > --> > jwskms- Hide quoted
text -> > - Show quoted text -Hi, I had the same problem. Download
this pastch and it should work just fine.http://www.microsoft.com/
downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=51F0EF25-280B-4613-A600-
C61224BACD1C&displaylang=en

cheers
417555@gmail.com

Re: Can not install Canon MP210
I had the same problem, download this patch and it should fix the
issue.

Google KB940199 and download that fix from Microsoft's KB.

cheers

Impuer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had the same issue. Google this KB940199 and then download that fix from Microsoft and it should resolve the issue.

cheers
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Can not install Canon MP210
this fix in the system setup functionality is also included in Vista SP1.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team