ARRRGGG!!! Can't Install Network Printers

=?Utf-8?B?VGlt?=

ARRRGGG!!! Can't Install Network Printers
When I go to "Add a Printer" dialog box, if I select "Add a network,
wireless, or Bluetooth printer", Windows Explorer crashes, restarts, and my
add printer dialog box disappears. It doesn't do this if I select "Add a
local printer." I just recently upgraded from XP. Anyone else ran into this?

Thanks!!!

Tim
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: ARRRGGG!!! Can't Install Network Printers
I can but only under "special" conditions. I don't suppose your user
account is in a domain.

Be sure to send the crash reports when you are online.

Can you add the printer using printmanagement.msc?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I go to "Add a Printer" dialog box, if I select "Add a network,
> wireless, or Bluetooth printer", Windows Explorer crashes, restarts, and
> my
> add printer dialog box disappears. It doesn't do this if I select "Add a
> local printer." I just recently upgraded from XP. Anyone else ran into
> this?
>

> Thanks!!!
>
> Tim

Brian Williams

Re: ARRRGGG!!! Can't Install Network Printers
I'm having the same problem with the printers.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can but only under "special" conditions. I don't suppose your user
>account is in a domain.
>
> Be sure to send the crash reports when you are online.
>
> Can you add the printer using printmanagement.msc?
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When I go to "Add a Printer" dialog box, if I select "Add a network,
>> wireless, or Bluetooth printer", Windows Explorer crashes, restarts, and
>> my
>> add printer dialog box disappears. It doesn't do this if I select "Add a
>> local printer." I just recently upgraded from XP. Anyone else ran into
>> this?
>>

>> Thanks!!!
>>
>> Tim

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: ARRRGGG!!! Can't Install Network Printers
Are you joined to a domain?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Brian Williams" <one@two.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem with the printers.
>

> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I can but only under "special" conditions. I don't suppose your user
>>account is in a domain.
>>
>> Be sure to send the crash reports when you are online.
>>
>> Can you add the printer using printmanagement.msc?
>>

>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team

>> rights.
>>
>> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> When I go to "Add a Printer" dialog box, if I select "Add a network,
>>> wireless, or Bluetooth printer", Windows Explorer crashes, restarts, and
>>> my
>>> add printer dialog box disappears. It doesn't do this if I select "Add a
>>> local printer." I just recently upgraded from XP. Anyone else ran into
>>> this?
>>>

>>> Thanks!!!
>>>
>>> Tim

=?Utf-8?B?VGlt?=

Re: ARRRGGG!!! Can't Install Network Printers
Yes, my user account is part of a domain. It doesn't even prompt me to send
the crash report. Seconds after trying to add the printer I get a message:
"Windows Explorer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to
the problem." That box disappears and I get "Windows Explorer is restarting."
Then the whole dialog box just disappears and I'm back to square one. I'm
stumped on this one.

-Tim

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> I can but only under "special" conditions. I don't suppose your user
> account is in a domain.
>
> Be sure to send the crash reports when you are online.
>
> Can you add the printer using printmanagement.msc?
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I go to "Add a Printer" dialog box, if I select "Add a network,
> > wireless, or Bluetooth printer", Windows Explorer crashes, restarts, and
> > my
> > add printer dialog box disappears. It doesn't do this if I select "Add a
> > local printer." I just recently upgraded from XP. Anyone else ran into
> > this?
> >

> > Thanks!!!
> >
> > Tim

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: ARRRGGG!!! Can't Install Network Printers
How is your domain account configured? Do you have a domain account and a
local account with the same name?

Is the domain user on the same domain as the machine account?

the next step is actually debugging the failure in the explorer process.

search the machine for *.dmp files near the time of the failures.

--

> Yes, my user account is part of a domain. It doesn't even prompt me to
> send
> the crash report. Seconds after trying to add the printer I get a message:
> "Windows Explorer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution
> the problem." That box disappears and I get "Windows Explorer is
> restarting."
> Then the whole dialog box just disappears and I'm back to square one. I'm
> stumped on this one.
>
> -Tim
>

> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> I can but only under "special" conditions. I don't suppose your user
>> account is in a domain.
>>
>> Be sure to send the crash reports when you are online.
>>
>> Can you add the printer using printmanagement.msc?
>>

>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team

>> rights.
>>
>> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I go to "Add a Printer" dialog box, if I select "Add a network,
>> > wireless, or Bluetooth printer", Windows Explorer crashes, restarts,
>> > and
>> > my
>> > add printer dialog box disappears. It doesn't do this if I select "Add
>> > local printer." I just recently upgraded from XP. Anyone else ran into
>> > this?
>> >

>> > Thanks!!!
>> >
>> > Tim

Stef

Re: ARRRGGG!!! Can't Install Network Printers
Hello all,

I have the same problem with all XP pc on china site.

When i clic 'Add printer' i have a memory cannot be read on explorer...

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> How is your domain account configured? Do you have a domain account and a
> local account with the same name?
>
> Is the domain user on the same domain as the machine account?
>

> the next step is actually debugging the failure in the explorer process.
>
> search the machine for *.dmp files near the time of the failures.
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, my user account is part of a domain. It doesn't even prompt me to
> > send
> > the crash report. Seconds after trying to add the printer I get a message:
> > "Windows Explorer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution
> > the problem." That box disappears and I get "Windows Explorer is
> > restarting."
> > Then the whole dialog box just disappears and I'm back to square one. I'm
> > stumped on this one.
> >
> > -Tim
> >

> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> I can but only under "special" conditions. I don't suppose your user
> >> account is in a domain.
> >>
> >> Be sure to send the crash reports when you are online.
> >>
> >> Can you add the printer using printmanagement.msc?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> >> rights.

Stef

Re: ARRRGGG!!! Can't Install Network Printers
If i launch the wizard with command dos, it working fine.

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /id