conflict with HP Printer and Vista

Grammy

conflict with HP Printer and Vista
I have HP 6310 all in one printer (it's about 1 1/2 yrs old). Just bought new
computer that has VISTA. Printing works great from everything except
Publisher, which is what I use mostly as I print alot with graphics and
specialized fonts. When sending a print from Publisher I get this message...

Publisher cannot print this publication. To print composite CMYK or
separations, you must use a printer driver that is set to output PostScript
language level 2 or later.
If there is no PostScript Language Level option available, the printer
driver supports only PostScript level 1. If this is the case, contact the
manufacturer of your PostScript printer or imagesetter to find out if it
supports at least PostScript level 2. If your print output device does
support PostScript level 2, obtain the updated PostScript driver from the
manufacturer.

There is no PostScript option in my Advanced settings. This worked fine
before with the exact same print job, the only thing different is Vista. I
have downloaded the latest drivers from HP, and that didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas??
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: conflict with HP Printer and Vista
This is an application issue. I'd say the HP printer is not the default.

Error message when you print to Adobe Distiller in Publisher 2007 and
in Publisher 2003: "You have to send the host fonts"
(821397) - Describes the host fonts error message that you may receive
when you print a Publisher publication as CMYK or as color separations to
Adobe Distiller. ... Publisher cannot continue printing because of an error.
.... Print to a .ps file by using the Generic Color PS For Commercial
Printing printer.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821397/en-us

How to configure Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2007 and
with Publisher 2003
(826360) - Note You cannot print Composite CMYK or Separations
directly to the Adobe PDF printer driver. ... Publisher 2003 or by Publisher
2007: "<Font name> not found" 823135 You receive a stackunderflow error
message when you print a Publisher publication as composite CMYK in
Publisher 2003 The ...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826360/en-us

--
Alan Morris