HP Business Inkjet 1000 driver malfunction

Viv

HP Business Inkjet 1000 driver malfunction
My HP Business Inkjet 1000 with autoduplex unit used to work correctly until
very recently. I have tried removing it and reinstalling but still get the
same problem.

When I print two pages using the automatic duplex unit the second page
prints the wrong way up, regardless of whether I check the 'Flip Pages Up'
box on the Finishing tab or leave it unchecked. Checking or unchecking the
'Rotate by 180 degrees' box also makes no difference. Using the preset for
duplex printing also makes no difference.

This means that when turning the page as I would on a book I then have to
flip the page about a horizontal axis in order to read it.

The other problem I have noticed is that when printing four pages using the
duplex unit it prints page 1, then 3, then 2 then page 4. In other words the
first sheet has odd numbered pages on each side and the other sheet contains
the even number pages.

If anyone can help resolve this problem I will be very grateful.
Viv
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: HP Business Inkjet 1000 driver malfunction
Did it work properly using the inbox Vista drivers? I assume it worked
properly on Vista.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Viv" <Viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news8D7507C-4293-4899-9DB8-627DFFF49E28@microsoft.com...
> My HP Business Inkjet 1000 with autoduplex unit used to work correctly
> until
> very recently. I have tried removing it and reinstalling but still get
> the
> same problem.
>
> When I print two pages using the automatic duplex unit the second page
> prints the wrong way up, regardless of whether I check the 'Flip Pages Up'
> box on the Finishing tab or leave it unchecked. Checking or unchecking
> the
> 'Rotate by 180 degrees' box also makes no difference. Using the preset
> for
> duplex printing also makes no difference.
>
> This means that when turning the page as I would on a book I then have to
> flip the page about a horizontal axis in order to read it.
>
> The other problem I have noticed is that when printing four pages using
> the
> duplex unit it prints page 1, then 3, then 2 then page 4. In other words
> the
> first sheet has odd numbered pages on each side and the other sheet
> contains
> the even number pages.
>
> If anyone can help resolve this problem I will be very grateful.
> Viv

Viv

Re: HP Business Inkjet 1000 driver malfunction

Alan,
Thanks for replying. Sorry, I have no idea what inbox Vista drivers are.
It used to work correctly on my Vista business computer a few weeks ago, but
now it does not work properly. Possibly an update is the cause of the
problem, but trying to identify which one would be difficult as I have no
idea how long ago it was when I could print correctly.

Viv

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Did it work properly using the inbox Vista drivers? I assume it worked
> properly on Vista.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Viv" <Viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8D7507C-4293-4899-9DB8-627DFFF49E28@microsoft.com...
> > My HP Business Inkjet 1000 with autoduplex unit used to work correctly
> > until
> > very recently. I have tried removing it and reinstalling but still get
> > the
> > same problem.
> >
> > When I print two pages using the automatic duplex unit the second page
> > prints the wrong way up, regardless of whether I check the 'Flip Pages Up'
> > box on the Finishing tab or leave it unchecked. Checking or unchecking
> > the
> > 'Rotate by 180 degrees' box also makes no difference. Using the preset
> > for
> > duplex printing also makes no difference.
> >
> > This means that when turning the page as I would on a book I then have to
> > flip the page about a horizontal axis in order to read it.
> >
> > The other problem I have noticed is that when printing four pages using
> > the
> > duplex unit it prints page 1, then 3, then 2 then page 4. In other words
> > the
> > first sheet has odd numbered pages on each side and the other sheet
> > contains
> > the even number pages.
> >
> > If anyone can help resolve this problem I will be very grateful.
> > Viv

Viv

RE: HP Business Inkjet 1000 driver malfunction

Why does the printer driver on my Vista Home Premium computer work
correctly, but the one on my Vista Business computer does not when I print to
the same printer, both times using it as a local printer?

Viv

"Viv" wrote:

> My HP Business Inkjet 1000 with autoduplex unit used to work correctly until
> very recently. I have tried removing it and reinstalling but still get the
> same problem.
>
> When I print two pages using the automatic duplex unit the second page
> prints the wrong way up, regardless of whether I check the 'Flip Pages Up'
> box on the Finishing tab or leave it unchecked. Checking or unchecking the
> 'Rotate by 180 degrees' box also makes no difference. Using the preset for
> duplex printing also makes no difference.
>
> This means that when turning the page as I would on a book I then have to
> flip the page about a horizontal axis in order to read it.
>
> The other problem I have noticed is that when printing four pages using the
> duplex unit it prints page 1, then 3, then 2 then page 4. In other words the
> first sheet has odd numbered pages on each side and the other sheet contains
> the even number pages.
>
> If anyone can help resolve this problem I will be very grateful.
> Viv

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: HP Business Inkjet 1000 driver malfunction
what is the driver version on the Business machine
launch printmanagement.msc
navigate to the Drivers area. There will be a driver version field.

HP did send me an updated GPD for the device but no one has ever complained
about the duplex orientation problem on this device

I'll send you the file but you need to contact me directly
alanmo
Microsoft.com

--

> Why does the printer driver on my Vista Home Premium computer work
> correctly, but the one on my Vista Business computer does not when I print
> the same printer, both times using it as a local printer?
>
> Viv
>
> "Viv" wrote:
>
>> My HP Business Inkjet 1000 with autoduplex unit used to work correctly
>> until
>> very recently. I have tried removing it and reinstalling but still get
>> the
>> same problem.
>>
>> When I print two pages using the automatic duplex unit the second page
>> prints the wrong way up, regardless of whether I check the 'Flip Pages
>> Up'
>> box on the Finishing tab or leave it unchecked. Checking or unchecking
>> the
>> 'Rotate by 180 degrees' box also makes no difference. Using the preset
>> for
>> duplex printing also makes no difference.
>>
>> This means that when turning the page as I would on a book I then have to
>> flip the page about a horizontal axis in order to read it.
>>
>> The other problem I have noticed is that when printing four pages using
>> the
>> duplex unit it prints page 1, then 3, then 2 then page 4. In other words
>> the
>> first sheet has odd numbered pages on each side and the other sheet
>> contains
>> the even number pages.
>>
>> If anyone can help resolve this problem I will be very grateful.
>> Viv

huwyngr

Re: HP Business Inkjet 1000 driver malfunction
In article <eaSoHV3ZIHA.4272@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Alan Morris [MSFT]
wrote:

> launch printmanagement.msc
> navigate to the Drivers area. *There will be a driver version field.

Thanks for the pointer.

I've not been there before -- I'm intrigued that Drivers shows that all
(HP LJ2200d and HP PS 8250 are Microsoft drivers ver 6 .... 16386
although I know I installed the HP Fully Featured software in the
correct sequence of software before connecting the printer.

Any thoughts on this?

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: HP Business Inkjet 1000 driver malfunction
The version number is obtained from the inf file.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"huwyngr" <Hugh_Wyn_Griffith@simpilot.net> wrote in message
news:VA.000005c7.00364705@unspam.tampabay.rr.com.. .
> In article <eaSoHV3ZIHA.4272@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Alan Morris [MSFT]
> wrote:
>
>> launch printmanagement.msc
>> navigate to the Drivers area. There will be a driver version field.

> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> I've not been there before -- I'm intrigued that Drivers shows that all
> (HP LJ2200d and HP PS 8250 are Microsoft drivers ver 6 .... 16386
> although I know I installed the HP Fully Featured software in the
> correct sequence of software before connecting the printer.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

huwyngr

Re: HP Business Inkjet 1000 driver malfunction
In article <eZr#iqBaIHA.5976@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Alan Morris [MSFT]
wrote:

> The version number is obtained from the inf file.

I meant why Microsoft gets credited and they have MS type version
numbers when we argue that Microsoft does not write them and it is the
responsibility of the printer manufacturer, ie HP in this case.

I'm in XP at the moment or I would double check the printer properties
and see what they say but they usually list a bunch of HP files.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: HP Business Inkjet 1000 driver malfunction
It's more to differentiate where the drivers came from. Print Management by
default displays the Provider information. Add the Manufacturer column and
you will see which company supplied the driver.

--

news:VA.000005ca.00a0f2d1@unspam.tampabay.rr.com.. .