Using Cover Pages from another program

Curly_Money2006

Using Cover Pages from another program
Hi,

In the help for Vista Fax the following statement is made regarding creation
of cover pages: "To use a cover page from another program, copy the file to
your Personal Cover Pages folder, which is located in the Fax folder. (The
Fax folder is located in the Documents folder.)"

I copied a MS Word 2007 fax cover letter document to the above mentioned
location and the Fax Cover page software can neither find or open it. What
is the above statement trying to convey? Which "other programs" are valid
for this situation? Is the Vista Fax software integrated at all into Office
2007?

thanks

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: Using Cover Pages from another program
It means you can use a cover page from another user, the global cover pages,
or one from another XP or Vista computer. The "another program" statement
is incorrect. There is no integration between Fax and Scan and any Office
application besides Outlook, and what integration there is there is minimal.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Curly_Money2006" <CurlyMoney2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E01A6CBD-34A3-4CED-8069-852857A308E0@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> In the help for Vista Fax the following statement is made regarding

creation
> of cover pages: "To use a cover page from another program, copy the file

> your Personal Cover Pages folder, which is located in the Fax folder. (The
> Fax folder is located in the Documents folder.)"
>
> I copied a MS Word 2007 fax cover letter document to the above mentioned
> location and the Fax Cover page software can neither find or open it.

What
> is the above statement trying to convey? Which "other programs" are valid
> for this situation? Is the Vista Fax software integrated at all into

Office
> 2007?
>
> thanks

Curly_Money2006

Re: Using Cover Pages from another program
Thanks,

It would be helpful if Microsoft would correct the help text.

Regards