Error message 0x000003e3

PM

Error message 0x000003e3
I have a base computer in my network that is attached to a Brother MFC-7420
printer, but now I'm trying to add a laptop to network so that I can share
the printer. When I try to add the printer, I have to do it manually by
browsing and finding the printer icon in my base computer. When I connect to
it, it tells me I must download a driver but when I tell it to download the
driver I get an error message 0x000003e3.

How can I share this printer?

Thanks.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Error message 0x000003e3
E:\>winerror 0x000003e3
995 ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED <--> 0xc0000120 STATUS_CANCELLED

Are both computer x86 (32bit) with Vista installed?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"PM" <PM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a base computer in my network that is attached to a Brother MFC-7420
> printer, but now I'm trying to add a laptop to network so that I can share
> the printer. When I try to add the printer, I have to do it manually by
> browsing and finding the printer icon in my base computer. When I connect
> it, it tells me I must download a driver but when I tell it to download
> the
> driver I get an error message 0x000003e3.
>
> How can I share this printer?
>
> Thanks.

PM

Re: Error message 0x000003e3

Yes, Alan. The main computer uses Vista Home Basic and the new laptop uses
Vista Home Premium.

Thanks.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> E:\>winerror 0x000003e3
> 995 ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED <--> 0xc0000120 STATUS_CANCELLED
>

> Are both computer x86 (32bit) with Vista installed?
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "PM" <PM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a base computer in my network that is attached to a Brother MFC-7420
> > printer, but now I'm trying to add a laptop to network so that I can share
> > the printer. When I try to add the printer, I have to do it manually by
> > browsing and finding the printer icon in my base computer. When I connect
> > it, it tells me I must download a driver but when I tell it to download
> > the
> > driver I get an error message 0x000003e3.
> >
> > How can I share this printer?
> >
> > Thanks.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Error message 0x000003e3
Are you using the driver from Vista?

"Brother MFC-7420 USB"

I've seen that error previously when I messed up the registry on the server
machine but that was x86 drivers on an x64 server

--

> Yes, Alan. The main computer uses Vista Home Basic and the new laptop
> uses
> Vista Home Premium.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> E:\>winerror 0x000003e3
>> 995 ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED <--> 0xc0000120 STATUS_CANCELLED
>>

>> Are both computer x86 (32bit) with Vista installed?
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "PM" <PM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a base computer in my network that is attached to a Brother
>> >MFC-7420
>> > printer, but now I'm trying to add a laptop to network so that I can
>> > share
>> > the printer. When I try to add the printer, I have to do it manually
>> > by
>> > browsing and finding the printer icon in my base computer. When I
>> > connect
>> > it, it tells me I must download a driver but when I tell it to download
>> > the
>> > driver I get an error message 0x000003e3.
>> >
>> > How can I share this printer?
>> >
>> > Thanks.

PM

Re: Error message 0x000003e3
Thanks Alan,

I went back into the main computer and reinstalled the driver, and now it
all works fine.

PM

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Are you using the driver from Vista?
>
> "Brother MFC-7420 USB"
>
> I've seen that error previously when I messed up the registry on the server
> machine but that was x86 drivers on an x64 server
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "PM" <PM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Yes, Alan. The main computer uses Vista Home Basic and the new laptop
> > uses
> > Vista Home Premium.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> E:\>winerror 0x000003e3
> >> 995 ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED <--> 0xc0000120 STATUS_CANCELLED
> >>

> >> Are both computer x86 (32bit) with Vista installed?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> >> rights.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Error message 0x000003e3
thanks for the update

--

> Thanks Alan,
>
> I went back into the main computer and reinstalled the driver, and now it
> all works fine.
>
> PM
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Are you using the driver from Vista?
>>
>> "Brother MFC-7420 USB"
>>
>> I've seen that error previously when I messed up the registry on the
>> server
>> machine but that was x86 drivers on an x64 server
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "PM" <PM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Yes, Alan. The main computer uses Vista Home Basic and the new laptop
>> > uses
>> > Vista Home Premium.
>> >
>> > Thanks.

Beyer Didier

Re: Error message 0x000003e3
Hy,

I have the same probleme with an Server 2003 and new Vista premium machines
in a customer network.
by new printer the automatically logon connection with prt2con its possible
by older printer this connection have the error message.
I have change the driver on this older printers with the latest drivers from
HP (and i have tested with the universal driver and its nothing better.
have you any idea ....