Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Sharing my printers

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2008
cravingmad
 

Posts: n/a
Sharing my printers
Hi, just wondered if someone could tell me in not too technical terms if i
can printer from my laptop running vista, with the printer (HP 2355 all in
one) that's connected to my desktop pc running XP. I have a wireless router
connected to the desktop pc.
Thanks,
Helen
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2008
Kevin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Sharing my printers

"cravingmad" <cravingmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ECBF7A31-7210-47CC-87BD-C266A4B4D971@microsoft.com...
> Hi, just wondered if someone could tell me in not too technical terms if i
> can printer from my laptop running vista, with the printer (HP 2355 all in
> one) that's connected to my desktop pc running XP. I have a wireless
> router
> connected to the desktop pc.
> Thanks,
> Helen


Yes. You will have to set up a Home Network. You can find all the
information you need by searching the various Microsoft websites, using the
Search function on your computer, or using Google. You will have to enable
printer sharing.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2008
cravingmad
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Sharing my printers
Hi and thanks Kevin, but after getting quite frustrated about not being able
to do it, i kept on going last night until i did..ha!! and was thrilled when
i got it to work.
Thanks again,
Helen.

"Kevin" wrote:

>
> "cravingmad" <cravingmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:ECBF7A31-7210-47CC-87BD-C266A4B4D971@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, just wondered if someone could tell me in not too technical terms if i
> > can printer from my laptop running vista, with the printer (HP 2355 all in
> > one) that's connected to my desktop pc running XP. I have a wireless
> > router
> > connected to the desktop pc.
> > Thanks,
> > Helen

>
> Yes. You will have to set up a Home Network. You can find all the
> information you need by searching the various Microsoft websites, using the
> Search function on your computer, or using Google. You will have to enable
> printer sharing.
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2008
Kevin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Sharing my printers

"cravingmad" <cravingmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E3937A14-DB9C-4A65-9A91-D48182F2CDD9@microsoft.com...
> Hi and thanks Kevin, but after getting quite frustrated about not being
> able
> to do it, i kept on going last night until i did..ha!! and was thrilled
> when
> i got it to work.
> Thanks again,
> Helen.
>


I'm glad you got it to work. I usually resort to threats of physical harm
and much foul language. That usually doesn't work, but it makes me feel
better!

Kevin


> "Kevin" wrote:
>
>>
>> "cravingmad" <cravingmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:ECBF7A31-7210-47CC-87BD-C266A4B4D971@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi, just wondered if someone could tell me in not too technical terms
>> > if i
>> > can printer from my laptop running vista, with the printer (HP 2355 all
>> > in
>> > one) that's connected to my desktop pc running XP. I have a wireless
>> > router
>> > connected to the desktop pc.
>> > Thanks,
>> > Helen

>>
>> Yes. You will have to set up a Home Network. You can find all the
>> information you need by searching the various Microsoft websites, using
>> the
>> Search function on your computer, or using Google. You will have to
>> enable
>> printer sharing.
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sharing Printers Ben Ramsay microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 11-27-2007 10:56
Sharing printers on Vista 64 Photorer microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 3 07-31-2007 23:38
Sharing printers with a pc on xp - so frustrating! Zapcat microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 07-16-2007 17:55
Sharing Printers from Vista to XP =?Utf-8?B?VG9LRQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 11 03-09-2007 21:32
Sharing printers between Vista and XP =?Utf-8?B?SmFuU3I=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-01-2007 12:57




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:30.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120