Prtr Install Error 0X000003eb

Sibuan

Prtr Install Error 0X000003eb
My desktop PC o/s is Vista Ultimate and tried to install latest Universal
PCL5 Drvr for my HPLJ1200 using USB port. I encountered the following error
msg:

"Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
0X000003eb)"

1) this printer is not shared and is a local printer;
2) running fine with previous version of Universal PCL5 printer driver in
Word and Excel 2007 as well as adobe 8;
3) previous Prnt Drvr not able to print in IE7 (cannot locate a particular
"file") and printed black rectangular box from Powerpoint 2007.

I might have by now messed up print settings and would appreciate some
guidance on how to reset and start from fresh.

Would appreciate your assistance in resolving my Printer Driver installation
problem.
Thanks.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Prtr Install Error 0X000003eb
this is the error

E:\>winerror 0X000003eb
1003 ERROR_CAN_NOT_COMPLETE <--> No NTSTATUS matched

check the HP site for the error

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Sibuan" <Sibuan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My desktop PC o/s is Vista Ultimate and tried to install latest Universal
> PCL5 Drvr for my HPLJ1200 using USB port. I encountered the following
> error
> msg:
>
> "Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
> 0X000003eb)"
>
> 1) this printer is not shared and is a local printer;
> 2) running fine with previous version of Universal PCL5 printer driver in
> Word and Excel 2007 as well as adobe 8;
> 3) previous Prnt Drvr not able to print in IE7 (cannot locate a particular
> "file") and printed black rectangular box from Powerpoint 2007.
>
> I might have by now messed up print settings and would appreciate some
> guidance on how to reset and start from fresh.
>
> Would appreciate your assistance in resolving my Printer Driver
> installation
> problem.
> Thanks.

Sibuan

Re: Prtr Install Error 0X000003eb
Thank you Alan for the reply. I didn't find any answer from HP site with
reference to the phrase "No NTSTATUS matched".

I called HP service centre and was advised to download and install the
"Universal Print Driver for Windows - PostScript" instead of the "Windows -
PCL 5" driver.

Results:
1) The installation of Printer driver was successful;
2) Test print Word 2007 - successful
3) Test print Excel 2007 - successful
4) Test print Powerpoint 2007 - successful (although waited for a while)
5) Test print from IE7 - not successful (same old reason - file not found)

I hope the above feedback will benefit other users like me. Cheers!