HP PSC750 Cant delete driver!!!

Throwin my Computer

HP PSC750 Cant delete driver!!!
I have been going through printer torture and I beg someone to help me. I
have an HP 750PSC network printer. Up until some unknown event, I was able to
print and scan through my wireless network and life was jake. NOW I cannot
print, and when I try to delete and reinstall the driver it wont let me. I
have tried stopping and restarting the spool, I have confirmed that no print
jobs are on the que. I have checked the port that no other active printers
share it. I cant delete the driver, I cant reinstall the driver through the
next work IP address, I cant open the properties, and I cant even delete the
port. This is the last straw with Vista!! I hate it, and I wish I had bought
a MAC. I tried to call Microsoft and they are trying to charge me 50 bucks. I
am at a loss.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP PSC750 Cant delete driver!!!
Are you deleting the printer software through the Control Panel, Add/Remove
Programs? Are you including Step 4 here?
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm

More importantly are you disconnecting the PC from the network FIRST.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Throwin my Computer" <Throwin my Computer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:A312ACA7-D109-4CA3-AAF4-0E79E1D70F3B@microsoft.com...
>I have been going through printer torture and I beg someone to help me. I
> have an HP 750PSC network printer. Up until some unknown event, I was able
> print and scan through my wireless network and life was jake. NOW I cannot
> print, and when I try to delete and reinstall the driver it wont let me. I
> have tried stopping and restarting the spool, I have confirmed that no
> print
> jobs are on the que. I have checked the port that no other active printers
> share it. I cant delete the driver, I cant reinstall the driver through
> the
> next work IP address, I cant open the properties, and I cant even delete
> the
> port. This is the last straw with Vista!! I hate it, and I wish I had
> bought
> a MAC. I tried to call Microsoft and they are trying to charge me 50
> bucks. I
> am at a loss.

Throwin my Computer

Re: HP PSC750 Cant delete driver!!!
I am running vista, not XP. The driver is not listed in the add/remove
programs list (accessable through computer, not control panel in vista). When
I do step 3 (delete printer in printers/faxes from control panel) it won't
let me delete it, even if I run as administrator. I do not understand where
to go for step 4. Where do I find the toolbar? I am doing all of this while
disconnected from the network. Thanks for your help either way!!!

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Are you deleting the printer software through the Control Panel, Add/Remove
> Programs? Are you including Step 4 here?
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
>
> More importantly are you disconnecting the PC from the network FIRST.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Throwin my Computer" <Throwin my Computer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:A312ACA7-D109-4CA3-AAF4-0E79E1D70F3B@microsoft.com...
> >I have been going through printer torture and I beg someone to help me. I
> > have an HP 750PSC network printer. Up until some unknown event, I was able
> > print and scan through my wireless network and life was jake. NOW I cannot
> > print, and when I try to delete and reinstall the driver it wont let me. I
> > have tried stopping and restarting the spool, I have confirmed that no
> > print
> > jobs are on the que. I have checked the port that no other active printers
> > share it. I cant delete the driver, I cant reinstall the driver through
> > the
> > next work IP address, I cant open the properties, and I cant even delete
> > the
> > port. This is the last straw with Vista!! I hate it, and I wish I had
> > bought
> > a MAC. I tried to call Microsoft and they are trying to charge me 50
> > bucks. I
> > am at a loss.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP PSC750 Cant delete driver!!!
See if HP has an uninstall utility for your PSC.
--

message news:32BA7EBB-5079-4930-9EEC-1AA1E9410892@microsoft.com...
>I am running vista, not XP. The driver is not listed in the add/remove
> programs list (accessable through computer, not control panel in vista).
> When
> I do step 3 (delete printer in printers/faxes from control panel) it won't
> let me delete it, even if I run as administrator. I do not understand
> where
> to go for step 4. Where do I find the toolbar? I am doing all of this
> while
> disconnected from the network. Thanks for your help either way!!!
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Are you deleting the printer software through the Control Panel,
>> Add/Remove
>> Programs? Are you including Step 4 here?
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
>>
>> More importantly are you disconnecting the PC from the network FIRST.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
>> www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "Throwin my Computer" <Throwin my Computer@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote
>> in message news:A312ACA7-D109-4CA3-AAF4-0E79E1D70F3B@microsoft.com...
>> >I have been going through printer torture and I beg someone to help me.
>> > have an HP 750PSC network printer. Up until some unknown event, I was
>> > able
>> > print and scan through my wireless network and life was jake. NOW I
>> > cannot
>> > print, and when I try to delete and reinstall the driver it wont let
>> > me. I
>> > have tried stopping and restarting the spool, I have confirmed that no
>> > print
>> > jobs are on the que. I have checked the port that no other active
>> > printers
>> > share it. I cant delete the driver, I cant reinstall the driver through
>> > the
>> > next work IP address, I cant open the properties, and I cant even
>> > delete
>> > the
>> > port. This is the last straw with Vista!! I hate it, and I wish I had
>> > bought
>> > a MAC. I tried to call Microsoft and they are trying to charge me 50
>> > bucks. I
>> > am at a loss.

Chris Cowles

wrote in message
>I have been going through printer torture and I beg someone to help
>me. I
> have an HP 750PSC network printer. Up until some unknown event, I
> was able to
> print and scan through my wireless network and life was jake. NOW I
> cannot
> print, and when I try to delete and reinstall the driver it wont let
> me. I
> have tried stopping and restarting the spool, I have confirmed that
> no print
> jobs are on the que. I have checked the port that no other active
> printers
> share it. I cant delete the driver, I cant reinstall the driver
> through the
> next work IP address, I cant open the properties, and I cant even
> delete the
> port. This is the last straw with Vista!! I hate it, and I wish I
> had bought
> a MAC. I tried to call Microsoft and they are trying to charge me 50
> bucks. I
> am at a loss.

Were you using the native Vista fax/scan software for scanning on the
network? I am unable to do so. Scanning works fine wirelessly using
the HP solution center, but Windows does not recognize it as being
installed for captures into an application. If I plug the scanner in
by USB, all is well.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL