Fax & Scan

mchjr01

Fax & Scan
I am a newbie on Vista.

How do I setup my Fax functionality as one of my printer. I have a land line
connected to my dial up modem on my desktop and I would like to receive and
send faxes through my desktop running Vista Ultimate.

Can you direct to a web site maybe where I can get the step by step
instructions in setting it up.

Thanks,

Mike
huwyngr

Re: Fax & Scan
Be a good idea to give the make and model of printer/multifunction
device.

mchjr01

Re: Fax & Scan

Thanks forthe prompt response.

I have a HP2840 multifunction printer, however, on XP I don't use any
printer to send and receive fax. I just use the Fax functionality from XP and
I can send and receive fax into my desktop.

Thanks,

"huwyngr" wrote:

> Be a good idea to give the make and model of printer/multifunction
> device.

huwyngr

Re: Fax & Scan
OK -- I'll have to leave it to someone else to help you on this. I use
a free-standing fax machine when I need one .....

Peter

Re: Fax & Scan
Faxes received by Windows Fax & Scan are stored just like emails. You can
then print them if you wish. Likewise, to send something from yout
printer's scan function just open Fax & Scan and click the scan button at
bottom left. That's assuming that you've already setup faxing in Windows
Fax & Scan Tools/Fax Settings.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

"mchjr01" <mchjr01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a newbie on Vista.
>
> How do I setup my Fax functionality as one of my printer. I have a land
> line
> connected to my dial up modem on my desktop and I would like to receive
> and
> send faxes through my desktop running Vista Ultimate.
>
> Can you direct to a web site maybe where I can get the step by step
> instructions in setting it up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Peter

Re: Fax & Scan
P.S. Just enter Windows Fax & Scan in Help & Support or Google the subject.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
XP Pro SP2/SP3 Beta/Vista Ultimate SP1 Beta
Triple Boot

"mchjr01" <mchjr01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a newbie on Vista.
>
> How do I setup my Fax functionality as one of my printer. I have a land
> line
> connected to my dial up modem on my desktop and I would like to receive
> and
> send faxes through my desktop running Vista Ultimate.
>
> Can you direct to a web site maybe where I can get the step by step
> instructions in setting it up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Tom Lake

Re: Fax & Scan

"mchjr01" <mchjr01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a newbie on Vista.
>
> How do I setup my Fax functionality as one of my printer. I have a land
> line
> connected to my dial up modem on my desktop and I would like to receive
> and
> send faxes through my desktop running Vista Ultimate.
>
> Can you direct to a web site maybe where I can get the step by step
> instructions in setting it up.

Make sure you have either Vista Business or Ultimate versions. The
Home versions don't have FAX capability included. It can be added
from third parties, however.

Tom Lake