HP PSC 1610 All-in-One

Jricks

HP PSC 1610 All-in-One
I have HP Pavilion dv 6000 with Vista and I'm able to use my printing
function of my HP printer, however my scanning option does not work. It
gives me the error of:

This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between Windows Vista and
this version of Hewlett-Packard Printer. This program was created by
Hewlett-Packard Company.
Recommendation
Contact Hewlett-Packard Company about upgrades or other possible solutions
to help make this program compatible with Windows Vista.

So any information would be appreciated.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: HP PSC 1610 All-in-One
Chat with HP Support:
http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/cu...&cc=us&lang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jricks" wrote:

I have HP Pavilion dv 6000 with Vista and I'm able to use my printing
function of my HP printer, however my scanning option does not work. It
gives me the error of:

This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between Windows Vista and
this version of Hewlett-Packard Printer. This program was created by
Hewlett-Packard Company.
Recommendation
Contact Hewlett-Packard Company about upgrades or other possible solutions
to help make this program compatible with Windows Vista.

So any information would be appreciated.

huwyngr

Re: HP PSC 1610 All-in-One
Which version of VISTA? The Home editions of VISTA do not have the Fax
& Scan utility that is in the Business and Ultimate versions so you are
entirely dependent on getting a third party scan utility working.

I've been able to use the TWAIN utilities within HP software but it
required some fiddling.

You need to download the VISTA software from HP unless you are
absolutely certain that you have VISTA software with the printer.

Go to the HP Download page

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...c=en&cc=us&dlc
=en&product=390315&lang=en

and do NOT use the Install now option. Use the Download option and note
where the file downloads to on your PC.

Installation Instructions

Click the Download only button.

Note: Make sure the HP All-in-One device is "Not" connected to the
computer before running the download file.

Click the Run button to begin the download.

Note: File is compressed and may take time to expand and run.

Follow the on-screen instructions to begin the installation process.

Click Finish.

Connect the USB cable between the HP All-in-One device and the
computer, then turn on the HP All-in-One device.

Your product should be ready to print.

Download file(s) to install later:
╗ AIO_CDB_Full_Non-Network_enu.exe 1/1 (163.07M)

Do follow these instructions meticulously. Note that the USB cable must
NOT be connected to the PC until the installation procedure tells you
to or you reach [Finish]

It's also wise to turn off your Antivirus software and any software
firewall you have installed while installing the HP software but do not
forget to turn it back on again!

I hope that helps.