"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device"

Alan Morris [MSFT]

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device"
pick up this hot fix if the list of printers in the manufacture model page
does not contain 100s of entries.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937187

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

fourbluenotes

RE: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for
THe link doesnt work anymore. Where can I download the fix?

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> pick up this hot fix if the list of printers in the manufacture model page
> does not contain 100s of entries.

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937187
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for
this still works for me.

Can someone else confirm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937187

the fix for this setup issue is included in Vista SP1

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team