No Wireless connection in "Scanners and Cameras"

Zeus

No Wireless connection in "Scanners and Cameras"
I have a Lexmark X6570 All in One. I use the wireless capability, however
when I go to Scanners and Cameras it is not being recognized as Microsoft has
set this up to use only physical attachments to their LPT and Com Ports.
Does anyone know of a work around for this and since I am still using WinXP
did Microsoft correct this in Vista?? Since my Scanner/Printer is in another
room I am unable to Scan from this computer, however I can use the Print
function just fine with the wireless connection. It will not detect the
wireless in Scanners and Cameras...Need some type of work-a-round here
folks...
--
Zeus
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: No Wireless connection in "Scanners and Cameras"
Does the owners manual specifically suggest the scanner has wireless
capability as well as the printer side?
--
Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Zeus" <bigmuny@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have a Lexmark X6570 All in One. I use the wireless capability, however
> when I go to Scanners and Cameras it is not being recognized as Microsoft
> has
> set this up to use only physical attachments to their LPT and Com Ports.
> Does anyone know of a work around for this and since I am still using
> WinXP
> did Microsoft correct this in Vista?? Since my Scanner/Printer is in
> another
> room I am unable to Scan from this computer, however I can use the Print
> function just fine with the wireless connection. It will not detect the
> wireless in Scanners and Cameras...Need some type of work-a-round here
> folks...
> --
> Zeus

Zeus

Re: No Wireless connection in "Scanners and Cameras"
Yes the owners manual states the scanner is wireless also, in fact, I can
manually scan from the scanner to my computer wirelessly but I can't use any
of my computers programs, for instance I use paperport scansoft quite often,
I can print from the program but the program can't find the scanner driver
and again it doesn't show up in Scanners and Cameras in Control Panel,
although I was able to add an imaging device, my printer, to scanners and
cameras but it still will not pick up through any of my programs. Again I
mainly use my Paperport Scansoft and Adobe they will not locate my scanner
drivers, at least that's what I'm guessing and I've reinstalled the software
more than once..any ideas now that you know this??? I hope so because I'll
have to rearrange my AIO...
--
Deja vue....

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Does the owners manual specifically suggest the scanner has wireless
> capability as well as the printer side?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Zeus" <bigmuny@msn.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Lexmark X6570 All in One. I use the wireless capability, however
> > when I go to Scanners and Cameras it is not being recognized as Microsoft
> > has
> > set this up to use only physical attachments to their LPT and Com Ports.
> > Does anyone know of a work around for this and since I am still using
> > WinXP
> > did Microsoft correct this in Vista?? Since my Scanner/Printer is in
> > another
> > room I am unable to Scan from this computer, however I can use the Print
> > function just fine with the wireless connection. It will not detect the
> > wireless in Scanners and Cameras...Need some type of work-a-round here
> > folks...
> > --
> > Zeus

Chris Cowles

> Yes the owners manual states the scanner is wireless also, in fact,
> I can
> manually scan from the scanner to my computer wirelessly but I can't
> use any
> of my computers programs, for instance I use paperport scansoft
> quite often,
> I can print from the program but the program can't find the scanner
> driver
> and again it doesn't show up in Scanners and Cameras in Control
> Panel,
> although I was able to add an imaging device, my printer, to
> scanners and
> cameras but it still will not pick up through any of my programs.
> Again I
> mainly use my Paperport Scansoft and Adobe they will not locate my
> scanner
> drivers, at least that's what I'm guessing and I've reinstalled the
> software
> more than once..any ideas now that you know this??? I hope so
> because I'll
> have to rearrange my AIO...

I have a similar problem with my HP PSC7280. Works fine wirelessly
using HP software, but Windows apps recognize it only if connected by
USB. Interestingly, (but not satisfying), plugging into USB added it
as separate instance. When connected by USB, both wired and wireless
instance of scanner appear. When USB unplugged, both disappear. Huh?
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL