HP 6310 will not read photo cards

pixelm

HP 6310 will not read photo cards
After purchasing a new computer with Vista, I learned that my two year old HP
all in one would no longer scan because HP had not bothered to write the
appropriate driver. AS a result I purchased a new 6310 which scans fine.
However, when I tried to read photo cards - no luck. After wasting an hour
or so, I found the HP FAQ which said that the driver for the printer won't do
photo download. I have other alternatives, but after being promised that
Vista would have support for my existing (not to mention a NEW HP PRINTER -
hardly esoterica) stuff, I feel cheated by HP AND by Microsoft. With all the
engineering resources at these companies, the failure to support features
advertised on the box on new hardware and the lack of effort (the driver is
10 months old) is no doubt simply an effort to get consumers to purchase new
hardward and software and a completely unfair and irresponsible practice. By
the way, after 25 years of Microsoft use (yes - my first machine ran DOS
2.0), I purchased my first Apple mac this year and have had ZERO issues on
this sort of thing. It's this kind of experience that reinforces that
decision.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP 6310 will not read photo cards
Cheapest and most effective option is to get a card reader.

Alternatively, ask HP to write card reader software for their AIO. It's
unfortunate for you, but Microsoft has no say over HP, if they fail to
support their existing line of printers after a certain time limit. Most
card readers in printers are NOT designed to import photos to the PC,
they're just designed for printing them with basic editing FROM THE PRINTER
LCD.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
http://www.coribright.com/windows