Word 2003 wont print wireless

Ageingrodder

Word 2003 wont print wireless
I recently purchased two Dell laptops which made me switch to Vista Home
version. At the same time I also installed a wireless system. Nothing like
asking for problems. Other than a few "bumps" in the road, everything seems
to be working okay except I can't print Word from my laptop to my printer
wirelessly. Explorer and other programs such as Excell and Outlook seem to
work fine. I checked for driver and Word updates and even reloaded Word then
loaded it on to my wife's laptop but she has the same problem. I've also
reinstalled the printer. I see comments from other people on the web with
similar problems, but never an answer.

Anybody have any suggestions? :<
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Word 2003 wont print wireless
Are you sure in Word that you are printing to the correct printer? Use
File, Print, rather than the print icon on the toolbar, it may be that
you're sending it to a virtual printer instead.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Ageingrodder" <Ageingrodder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased two Dell laptops which made me switch to Vista Home
> version. At the same time I also installed a wireless system. Nothing
> like
> asking for problems. Other than a few "bumps" in the road, everything
> seems
> to be working okay except I can't print Word from my laptop to my printer
> wirelessly. Explorer and other programs such as Excell and Outlook seem
> work fine. I checked for driver and Word updates and even reloaded Word
> then
> loaded it on to my wife's laptop but she has the same problem. I've also
> reinstalled the printer. I see comments from other people on the web with
> similar problems, but never an answer.
>
> Anybody have any suggestions? :<

Ageingrodder

Re: Word 2003 wont print wireless
Thank you for your suggestion even though that wasn't the problem. I finally
solved the problem, but I'm not positve how because I did two things before I
tested the connection. One, I loaded printer updates in my server computer,
and two I reset the print configuration from direct to server. Someday I'll
change it back and see if that was the fix. Thanks again for responding.