Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/)
-   microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/)
-   -   HP720C won't print (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/180430-hp720c-wont-print.html)

Dilbert1121 01-21-2008 06:03

HP720C won't print

I bought a USB to parallel adapter, plugged it in, and it worked GREAT!
Now, 2 weeks later my HP Deskjet 720C quit printing.
Applications seem to put the document into the spooler correctly, but the
spooler errors out.
I have tried deleting and reinstalling the printer, but no luck so far.

Alan Morris [MSFT] 01-21-2008 19:18

Re: HP720C won't print

Did you remove USB support and add it back?

Enable hidden devices in Device Manager to view the printers.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Dilbert1121 01-21-2008 21:24

Re: HP720C won't print

I enabled hidden devices, but the display is exactly the same as before.

I have 12 items listed under USB controllers. None of them tell me which is
which. I have one named "Unknown device", and I think this is the printer.
It used to say "USB Printer" or something like that. I have tried updating
the driver to no avail

As for "remove USB support and add it back" I don't know what you mean.
Could you please give me less cryptic instructions?

Thanks

NisseO 03-13-2008 09:46

Re: HP720C won't print

NisseO 03-13-2008 09:47

Re: HP720C won't print

Dilbert1121 03-13-2008 14:07

Re: HP720C won't print

"NisseO" wrote:

> > > I have the same problem but using LPT1 - is that not possible in Vista 64 and the 720c driver ??

My computer has NO ports other than USB - no parallel, serial, game, or
anything else. That's why I had to use the USB adapter.

I removed everything I could find relating to printer support and then
plugged into a different USB port. It reinstalled and is working again.

NisseO 03-13-2008 14:43

Re: HP720C won't print

"Dilbert1121" wrote:

> My computer has NO ports other than USB - no parallel, serial, game, or
> anything else. That's why I had to use the USB adapter.
>
> I removed everything I could find relating to printer support and then
> plugged into a different USB port. It reinstalled and is working again.

Thanks- but i needed to know about LPT1 - find a couple of questions earlier
but noone seems to get any answers that work AND HP don't care. I've lost my
faith in HP so I will get an USB adapter to solve the problem and later chose
an other supplier. Best Regards NisseO

huwyngr 03-13-2008 18:57

Re: HP720C won't print

In article <AB27B21B-5BE0-445C-9940-A6CB69F7FA1C@microsoft.com>, NisseO
wrote:

> HP720C won't print

That's a wonderful printer, one of the best that HP ever produced, but
it goes back a long time. I replaced mine with a HP PS8250 a while
before VISTA came along (it's discontinued now but there are other HP
Vivera 02 ink printers available) and I certainly do not regret it.

Sometimes we do have to bite the bullet -- or not upgrade the OS.