Error message hpqscnw----Scanningproblem with HP 3210

Kapuskin

Error message hpqscnw----Scanningproblem with HP 3210
Hi all out there,

I have some delicate problem with my scannings from HP 3210.
Before latest updates from windows updates my HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One
worked properly with Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

But after the updates I get scannings problem ┬┤that means that I can not
longer scan. - The error message from windows: hpqscnw has is not worging
longer.

I have tryid with system recovery to the latest working version without any
positive result.

Anyone with same or similar problem, please let me know about this.
Thanks
huwyngr

Re: Error message hpqscnw----Scanningproblem with HP 3210
You are not scanning over a network are you?

See:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...7542&lc=en&cc=
us&dlc=en&product=439488&os=2100&rule=44889&lang=e n

which mentions that particular hp file.

Maybe you have encountered something to do with permissions ..... ?

Kapuskin

Re: Error message hpqscnw----Scanningproblem with HP 3210
Yes, I scann via network.
I have giv it permisson as it should be and I try via usb also but the
error message is the same.
very strange.... need help.

"huwyngr" wrote:

> You are not scanning over a network are you?
>
> See:
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...7542&lc=en&cc=
> us&dlc=en&product=439488&os=2100&rule=44889&lang=e n
>
> which mentions that particular hp file.
>
> Maybe you have encountered something to do with permissions ..... ?

huwyngr

Re: Error message hpqscnw----Scanningproblem with HP 3210
I can't help with networks but check that link I gave you and see if
fixes it.

For a USB connection the important thing is not to plug the USB cable
into the PC until either the software installation tells you to or you
reach Finish.

It would be a good idea to get the system working over USB first and
then try networking. If you try this make sure you delete any icons for
the printer in Control Panel / Printers and Control Panel / Fax and
Scan (if you have that) and uninstall any software for the printer that
shows up in Control panel / Remove Programs.

Then START / Run / type msconfig in the box and click on OK and look
through the Startup programs and uncheck any that refer to HP.

Then with the printer cable unplugged from the PC reboot the PC.

Then install the software again. Disable any AV or Firewall you have.

Kapuskin

Re: Error message hpqscnw----Scanningproblem with HP 3210
Hi again,

Thank you for your time to solve this problem.
I have contact HP and is 2 way to solve this problem:
1: go to C:\program(x86)\HP\digital imaging\bin\hpqscnvw.exe
make this file as shortcut on your desktop. This mean that you must use
scanning outside the hp solution center manually.

2: I you have a tablet and penn installed from Wacom you have to go and stop
the service. follow this: control panel\system &
service\admintool\services\Tablet PC Input Services and click stop the
service.

HP will come with a fix during the mars month. !!!

Thanks

"huwyngr" wrote:

> I can't help with networks but check that link I gave you and see if
> fixes it.
>
> For a USB connection the important thing is not to plug the USB cable
> into the PC until either the software installation tells you to or you
> reach Finish.
>
> It would be a good idea to get the system working over USB first and
> then try networking. If you try this make sure you delete any icons for
> the printer in Control Panel / Printers and Control Panel / Fax and
> Scan (if you have that) and uninstall any software for the printer that
> shows up in Control panel / Remove Programs.
>
> Then START / Run / type msconfig in the box and click on OK and look
> through the Startup programs and uncheck any that refer to HP.
>
> Then with the printer cable unplugged from the PC reboot the PC.
>
> Then install the software again. Disable any AV or Firewall you have.

huwyngr

Re: Error message hpqscnw----Scanningproblem with HP 3210
Thanks for the feedback. Glad to know you got an answer from HP.

> This mean that you must use*
> scanning outside the hp solution center manually.

No big deal in practice, especially if you still have the scan menu
item within certain applications like WORD.