Re: Can not print any pages in the IE

Forwarded to Vista.Print_Fax_Scan via crosspost.

Is IE configured as your default browser?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Jbird wrote:
> I have a dell machine with Windows Vista Home Premium, IE 7 and a HP
> P2015d
> printer. The IE hangs when you try to print and the printer icon comes up
> but never prints. Hp says that it is a Microsoft issue and that there
> should be a patch available. I have not been able to find it.
>
> Does anyone have a solution or know about a patch?

VegasDood

Re: Can not print any pages in the IE
I am having the exact same problem, can anyone help us to fix this problem?
HP wasnot able to do so, they said it's a Microsoft problem, and I do believe
it's true because my printer stopped printing off IE after I installed
IE7..PLEASE help!!!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Forwarded to Vista.Print_Fax_Scan via crosspost.
>
> Is IE configured as your default browser?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Jbird wrote:
> > I have a dell machine with Windows Vista Home Premium, IE 7 and a HP
> > P2015d
> > printer. The IE hangs when you try to print and the printer icon comes up
> > but never prints. Hp says that it is a Microsoft issue and that there
> > should be a patch available. I have not been able to find it.
> >
> > Does anyone have a solution or know about a patch?

VegasDood

Re: Can not print any pages in the IE
Hello PA Bear,

I found the solution for this problem, someone else posted it..what you need
to do is, before you try to print from the internet, in the same IE window go
to: /tools /internet options click on the "security" tab and uncheck the
"enable protected mode" box you should be able to print after doing that,
youcan enable it back after you're done printing..let me know if this works.

VegasDood

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Forwarded to Vista.Print_Fax_Scan via crosspost.
>
> Is IE configured as your default browser?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Jbird wrote:
> > I have a dell machine with Windows Vista Home Premium, IE 7 and a HP
> > P2015d
> > printer. The IE hangs when you try to print and the printer icon comes up
> > but never prints. Hp says that it is a Microsoft issue and that there
> > should be a patch available. I have not been able to find it.
> >
> > Does anyone have a solution or know about a patch?

shmulikalef

Re: Can not print any pages in the IE
Hi I have the same problem, but the suggested solution didnot solve the
problem.

"VegasDood" wrote:

> Hello PA Bear,
>
> I found the solution for this problem, someone else posted it..what you need
> to do is, before you try to print from the internet, in the same IE window go
> to: /tools /internet options click on the "security" tab and uncheck the
> "enable protected mode" box you should be able to print after doing that,
> youcan enable it back after you're done printing..let me know if this works.
>
> VegasDood
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Forwarded to Vista.Print_Fax_Scan via crosspost.
> >
> > Is IE configured as your default browser?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > Jbird wrote:
> > > I have a dell machine with Windows Vista Home Premium, IE 7 and a HP
> > > P2015d
> > > printer. The IE hangs when you try to print and the printer icon comes up
> > > but never prints. Hp says that it is a Microsoft issue and that there
> > > should be a patch available. I have not been able to find it.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have a solution or know about a patch?

jabguit

Re: Can not print any pages in the IE
Where is this option? I cannot find any "Enable Protected Mode" under the
Security tab in IE7.

"VegasDood" wrote:

> Hello PA Bear,
>
> I found the solution for this problem, someone else posted it..what you need
> to do is, before you try to print from the internet, in the same IE window go
> to: /tools /internet options click on the "security" tab and uncheck the
> "enable protected mode" box you should be able to print after doing that,
> youcan enable it back after you're done printing..let me know if this works.
>
> VegasDood
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Forwarded to Vista.Print_Fax_Scan via crosspost.
> >
> > Is IE configured as your default browser?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > Jbird wrote:
> > > I have a dell machine with Windows Vista Home Premium, IE 7 and a HP
> > > P2015d
> > > printer. The IE hangs when you try to print and the printer icon comes up
> > > but never prints. Hp says that it is a Microsoft issue and that there
> > > should be a patch available. I have not been able to find it.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have a solution or know about a patch?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"jabguit" <jabguit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where is this option? I cannot find any "Enable Protected Mode" under the
> Security tab in IE7.

It isn't in WinXP.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM