Cannot Connect to a Printer on my Home Network

shayman@rogers.com

Cannot Connect to a Printer on my Home Network
I have a Desktop PC (#1) running WindowsXP SP2. I have a Lexmark 7100
all in one printer attached to it USB.
I have another Desktop PC (#2) running Vista Home Edtion and when I
try to connect to the Printer on PC #1 I get this error "Windows
cannot connect to the printer Operation could not be completed (error
0x0000046a)" I can connect to PC#1 no problem and even see the
printer, but when I connect to it I get this error almost right away.
I am running AVG for a virus program on PC#1. Any help would be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Shayman
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Cannot Connect to a Printer on my Home Network
there is a network setting you need to adjust. The IrpStackSize is not big
enough due to the anti virus software.

E:\>winerror 0x0000046a
1130 ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_SERVER_MEMORY <--> 0xc0000205
STATUS_INSUFF_SERVER_RESOURCES

here's the networking article, you will need to reboot each time you make
the adjustment

Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

<shayman@rogers.com> wrote in message
>I have a Desktop PC (#1) running WindowsXP SP2. I have a Lexmark 7100
> all in one printer attached to it USB.
> I have another Desktop PC (#2) running Vista Home Edtion and when I
> try to connect to the Printer on PC #1 I get this error "Windows
> cannot connect to the printer Operation could not be completed (error
> 0x0000046a)" I can connect to PC#1 no problem and even see the
> printer, but when I connect to it I get this error almost right away.
> I am running AVG for a virus program on PC#1. Any help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Shayman

Norm

Re: Cannot Connect to a Printer on my Home Network
Alan,

I have never said this to another man before, but I love you. I spent most
of my Saturday trying to get my printer available on a network computer, and
your advice finally solved the problem. Thanks.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> there is a network setting you need to adjust. The IrpStackSize is not big
> enough due to the anti virus software.
>

> E:\>winerror 0x0000046a
> 1130 ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_SERVER_MEMORY <--> 0xc0000205
> STATUS_INSUFF_SERVER_RESOURCES
>
> here's the networking article, you will need to reboot each time you make
> the adjustment
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q177078
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> <shayman@rogers.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Desktop PC (#1) running WindowsXP SP2. I have a Lexmark 7100
> > all in one printer attached to it USB.
> > I have another Desktop PC (#2) running Vista Home Edtion and when I
> > try to connect to the Printer on PC #1 I get this error "Windows
> > cannot connect to the printer Operation could not be completed (error
> > 0x0000046a)" I can connect to PC#1 no problem and even see the
> > printer, but when I connect to it I get this error almost right away.
> > I am running AVG for a virus program on PC#1. Any help would be much
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Shayman

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Cannot Connect to a Printer on my Home Network
Your secret is safe with me.

And man , I love you too.

Happy printing.

--