Why does my driver dissappear when I shut off my laptop?

mrnormal

Why does my driver dissappear when I shut off my laptop?
I own a Compac Presario C5020US laptop loaded with Vista Basic. I installed
the driver for my HP Photosmart C3180 all-in-one printer from HP's website
and it wiorked just fine. However, when I turn off my laptop then turn it on
again later, the driver is absent. When I turn the printer on, my laptop
starts loading the driver anew. This takes several minutes. After
installation, the printer works fine. Any suggestions?
--
M.R.H.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Why does my driver dissappear when I shut off my laptop?
If you are connected wireless to the device HP has a fix for their software
that removes the printer.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"mrnormal" <mrnormal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I own a Compac Presario C5020US laptop loaded with Vista Basic. I installed
> the driver for my HP Photosmart C3180 all-in-one printer from HP's website
> and it wiorked just fine. However, when I turn off my laptop then turn it
> on
> again later, the driver is absent. When I turn the printer on, my laptop
> starts loading the driver anew. This takes several minutes. After
> installation, the printer works fine. Any suggestions?
> --
> M.R.H.

mrnormal

Re: Why does my driver dissappear when I shut off my laptop?
Dear Alan, sadly, I am not connected wirelessly. My all-in-one unit is
plugged into one of the USB ports. Any suggestions? MRH
--
M.R.H.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> If you are connected wireless to the device HP has a fix for their software
> that removes the printer.
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "mrnormal" <mrnormal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I own a Compac Presario C5020US laptop loaded with Vista Basic. I installed
> > the driver for my HP Photosmart C3180 all-in-one printer from HP's website
> > and it wiorked just fine. However, when I turn off my laptop then turn it
> > on
> > again later, the driver is absent. When I turn the printer on, my laptop
> > starts loading the driver anew. This takes several minutes. After
> > installation, the printer works fine. Any suggestions?
> > --
> > M.R.H.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Why does my driver dissappear when I shut off my laptop?
Is the HP CUE Discovery software loaded?

If it is disable it first to see if that is performing the driver removal.

HP has a diagnostics utility they released this month.