Print

Андрей Ковалев

Print
Hi, sorry if my English is terrible
Have strange problem with printing (VHP) , when I try add printer (local or
network - equal) I get message "
Operation is cancelled because of restrictions operating for a computer"
what should I do ?

Tom Ferguson

Re: Print
Your English is understandable. I assure you that it is very much better
than my Russian.

Do you have administrator privileges (member of the Administrator group)?

--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Андрей Ковалев" <kapit@mail.ru> wrote in message
> Hi, sorry if my English is terrible
> Have strange problem with printing (VHP) , when I try add printer (local
> or network - equal) I get message "
> Operation is cancelled because of restrictions operating for a computer"
> what should I do ?

Андрей Ковалев

Re: Print
Of course . I only disable UAC , because this too importunate.
When i choose "add printer" - immediately appear message box
"Operation is cancelled because of restrictions operating for a computer"

"Tom Ferguson" <tom.newsgroups@gmail.com> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
> Your English is understandable. I assure you that it is very much better
> than my Russian.
>
> Do you have administrator privileges (member of the Administrator group)?
>
> --
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>
> "Андрей Ковалев" <kapit@mail.ru> wrote in message
>> Hi, sorry if my English is terrible
>> Have strange problem with printing (VHP) , when I try add printer (local
>> or network - equal) I get message "
>> Operation is cancelled because of restrictions operating for a computer"
>> what should I do ?

Tom Ferguson

Re: Print
Thank you for the information. What is the language version of Windows?

--

> Of course . I only disable UAC , because this too importunate.
> When i choose "add printer" - immediately appear message box
> "Operation is cancelled because of restrictions operating for a computer"
>
> "Tom Ferguson" <tom.newsgroups@gmail.com> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
>> Your English is understandable. I assure you that it is very much better
>> than my Russian.
>>
>> Do you have administrator privileges (member of the Administrator group)?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Tom
>> MSMVP 1998-2007
>>
>> "Андрей Ковалев" <kapit@mail.ru> wrote in message
>>> Hi, sorry if my English is terrible
>>> Have strange problem with printing (VHP) , when I try add printer (local
>>> or network - equal) I get message "
>>> Operation is cancelled because of restrictions operating for a computer"
>>> what should I do ?

Андрей Ковалев

Re: Print
this OEM preinstalled on ACER notebook VHP Russian version
in network settings enabled all options except "password-option"

"Tom Ferguson" <tom.newsgroups@gmail.com> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
> Thank you for the information. What is the language version of Windows?
>
> --
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>
> "Андрей Ковалев" <kapit@mail.ru> wrote in message
>> Of course . I only disable UAC , because this too importunate.
>> When i choose "add printer" - immediately appear message box
>> "Operation is cancelled because of restrictions operating for a computer"
>>
>> "Tom Ferguson" <tom.newsgroups@gmail.com> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
>>> Your English is understandable. I assure you that it is very much better
>>> than my Russian.
>>>
>>> Do you have administrator privileges (member of the Administrator
>>> group)?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Tom
>>> MSMVP 1998-2007

huwyngr

Re: Print
In article <ubPrJkQWIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, андрей Ковалев
wrote:

> I only disable UAC ....

Have you tried adding the printer with UAC ON? Some operations fail
when UAC is OFF so it's worth trying despite the nagging.

If you have downloaded the software for the printer, try installing it
using Run as Administrator -- locate the installation file and right
mouse click on it and select Run as Administrator and OK your way out.

If your printer is USB connected make sure you install the software
with the USB cable disconnected from the PC and only plug it in when
the installation tells you to or when you get to Finish.

Clean up any traces of previous attempts to get the printer working
before you try again.

п░п╫п╢я─п╣п╧ п п╬п╡п╟п╩п╣п╡

Re: Print
what do you mean - Clean up any traces of previous attempts ??

"huwyngr" <Hugh_Wyn_Griffith@simpilot.net> я│п╬п╬п╠я┴п╦п╩/я│п╬п╬п╠я┴п╦п╩п╟ п╡ п╫п╬п╡п╬я│я┌я▐я┘
я│п╩п╣п╢я┐я▌я┴п╣п╣: news:VA.000005a6.0051bfbc@unspam.tampabay.rr.com.. .
> In article <ubPrJkQWIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, ц│ц▌ц└ц▓ц┘ц┼ ц╚ц▐ц≈ц│ц▄ц┘ц≈
> wrote:
>
>> I only disable UAC ....

> Have you tried adding the printer with UAC ON? Some operations fail
> when UAC is OFF so it's worth trying despite the nagging.
>
> If you have downloaded the software for the printer, try installing it
> using Run as Administrator -- locate the installation file and right
> mouse click on it and select Run as Administrator and OK your way out.
>
> If your printer is USB connected make sure you install the software
> with the USB cable disconnected from the PC and only plug it in when
> the installation tells you to or when you get to Finish.
>
> Clean up any traces of previous attempts to get the printer working
> before you try again.

huwyngr

Re: Print
In article <uZlNKmSWIHA.5596@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, п░п╫п╢я─п╣п╧
п п╬п╡п╟п╩п╣п╡ wrote:

> what do you mean - Clean up any traces of previous attempts ??

Unplug the printer cable at the PC end

Delete any icons for it in the Control Panel / Printers Folder

Uninstall any software for it that may appear in Control Panel / Remove
Programs.

Reboot the PC with the printer cable still UNPLUGGED.

Then do the Run as Administrator on the exe file that installs the
software.

What is the make and model of the printer? Do you have the VISTA
software for the printer on a CD? If not then download it from the
website of the printer manufacturer.

What's the answer to:

> Have you tried adding the printer with UAC ON? Some operations fail
> when UAC is OFF so it's worth trying despite the nagging.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Print
there is a Group Policy setting that will block the Add Printer from
launching with a Restrictions dialog

gpedit.msc

User Configuration
Admin templates
control panel
printers
Prevent addition of printer

if this is enabled, you cannot launch Add Printer

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> this OEM preinstalled on ACER notebook VHP Russian version
> in network settings enabled all options except "password-option"
>
> "Tom Ferguson" <tom.newsgroups@gmail.com> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
>> Thank you for the information. What is the language version of Windows?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Tom
>> MSMVP 1998-2007
>>
>> "Андрей Ковалев" <kapit@mail.ru> wrote in message
>>> Of course . I only disable UAC , because this too importunate.
>>> When i choose "add printer" - immediately appear message box
>>> "Operation is cancelled because of restrictions operating for a
>>> computer"
>>>
>>> "Tom Ferguson" <tom.newsgroups@gmail.com> сообщил/сообщила в новостях

Андрей Ковалев

Re: Print
in windows vista home premium this consol don't work

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> сообщил/сообщила в
новостях следующее: news:%231A%23BDUWIHA.5396@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...