Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers

Ashkan

Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers
Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers Are Not
Displ,
I runing Windows Vista X86. please help, how I can ersolve this problem?
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers
start the Print Spooler Service in the Services admin snapin

or open an elevated cmd window and type

net start spooler

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Ashkan" <Ashkan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers Are Not
> Displ,
> I runing Windows Vista X86. please help, how I can ersolve this problem?

Ashkan

Re: Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Prin
It starts when the windows start, and I try to stop and start it again but
add printer still no working

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> start the Print Spooler Service in the Services admin snapin
>
> or open an elevated cmd window and type
>
> net start spooler
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Ashkan" <Ashkan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers Are Not
> > Displ,
> > I runing Windows Vista X86. please help, how I can ersolve this problem?

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Prin
Most likely the spooler is failing due to installed print drivers corrupting
the process memory

> It starts when the windows start, and I try to stop and start it again but
> add printer still no working
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> start the Print Spooler Service in the Services admin snapin
>>
>> or open an elevated cmd window and type
>>
>> net start spooler
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "Ashkan" <Ashkan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers Are
>> > Not
>> > Displ,
>> > I runing Windows Vista X86. please help, how I can ersolve this
>> > problem?

Ashkan

Re: Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Prin
in the Printers folder when I right click and select Server Properties there
isn't any reaction, like add printer Button

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Most likely the spooler is failing due to installed print drivers corrupting
> the process memory
>

> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Ashkan" <Ashkan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It starts when the windows start, and I try to stop and start it again but
> > add printer still no working
> >
> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> start the Print Spooler Service in the Services admin snapin
> >>
> >> or open an elevated cmd window and type
> >>
> >> net start spooler
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> >> rights.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Prin
I'm assuming the spooler service is not running. You'll need to get the
spooler service running before the UI commands to the service can succeed.

--

> in the Printers folder when I right click and select Server Properties
> there
> isn't any reaction, like add printer Button
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Most likely the spooler is failing due to installed print drivers
>> corrupting
>> the process memory
>>

>> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>>

>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "Ashkan" <Ashkan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It starts when the windows start, and I try to stop and start it again
>> > but
>> > add printer still no working

Ashkan

Re: Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Prin
When I trying to start it from command line whit this command "net start
spooler" it says "The requested service has already been started" and in
administrative tools I trying to start spooler service by double click on
"services" but in "print Spooler Properties" window I saw: "Service status:
Started".
I did all things in your previous post but add printer still no working. I
need it, it's very important for me how i can resolve this problem?

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> I'm assuming the spooler service is not running. You'll need to get the
> spooler service running before the UI commands to the service can succeed.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Ashkan" <Ashkan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > in the Printers folder when I right click and select Server Properties
> > there
> > isn't any reaction, like add printer Button
> >
> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Most likely the spooler is failing due to installed print drivers
> >> corrupting
> >> the process memory
> >>

> >> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> >>

> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> >> rights.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Prin
what print drivers are installed?

Use Printmanagement.msc to perform print related functions (Not available
on Basic).

Since the spooler is started, are the printers shared from another machine
or are the previously installed printers local to your machine (either USB,
LPT, or TCP Port)?
--

> When I trying to start it from command line whit this command "net start
> spooler" it says "The requested service has already been started" and in
> administrative tools I trying to start spooler service by double click on
> "services" but in "print Spooler Properties" window I saw: "Service
> status:
> Started".
> I did all things in your previous post but add printer still no working. I
> need it, it's very important for me how i can resolve this problem?
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming the spooler service is not running. You'll need to get the
>> spooler service running before the UI commands to the service can
>> succeed.
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "Ashkan" <Ashkan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > in the Printers folder when I right click and select Server Properties
>> > there
>> > isn't any reaction, like add printer Button

Ashkan

Re: Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Prin
I installed:
1-Adobe PDF convertor
2-Microsoft XPS document writer
3- Canon PIXMA iP3300
But I can't see them now, Previously Installed Printers Are Not display. I
runing vista X86 ultimate but when I copy & paste Printmanagement.msc to run
windows it says could not found, My computer is not in network and my printer
(canon iP3300) connected to my PC via USB cable, yesterday I installed
windows XP on d: and my printer work fine on windows XP, I unistalled my
printer driver and installed last version that I downloaded from canon
website.
"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> what print drivers are installed?
>
> Use Printmanagement.msc to perform print related functions (Not available
> on Basic).
>

> Since the spooler is started, are the printers shared from another machine
> or are the previously installed printers local to your machine (either USB,
> LPT, or TCP Port)?
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Ashkan" <Ashkan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I trying to start it from command line whit this command "net start
> > spooler" it says "The requested service has already been started" and in
> > administrative tools I trying to start spooler service by double click on
> > "services" but in "print Spooler Properties" window I saw: "Service
> > status:
> > Started".
> > I did all things in your previous post but add printer still no working. I
> > need it, it's very important for me how i can resolve this problem?
> >
> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm assuming the spooler service is not running. You'll need to get the
> >> spooler service running before the UI commands to the service can
> >> succeed.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> >> rights.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Prin
Look for Print Management under the Administrative Tools. It is part of the
Ultimate release.