Network Wireless Printer - offline status on reboot

Mike P

Network Wireless Printer - offline status on reboot
I have a network wireless printer installed on Vista. Once the printer is
installed as a Network Wireless Printer it works fine. However, when I
reboot the machine, the status of the Network Wireless is – Offline.

It works fine on my XP machines. And works fine when first installed on
Vista, or if I reinstall it. However, when I reboot, Vista cannot find the
wireless print server; therefore the printer status is Off-line.

Is there a configuration somewhere that I am missing to allow for this? Any
ideas???

Also, the printer tcp/ip is 192.168.1.109 and I have told the firewall
(Norton) that it is a trusted port?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike P.

Jeff D

RE: Network Wireless Printer - offline status on reboot
I have the exact same problem with a Brother MFC-665CW.

"Mike P" wrote:

> I have a network wireless printer installed on Vista. Once the printer is
> installed as a Network Wireless Printer it works fine. However, when I
> reboot the machine, the status of the Network Wireless is – Offline.
>
> It works fine on my XP machines. And works fine when first installed on
> Vista, or if I reinstall it. However, when I reboot, Vista cannot find the
> wireless print server; therefore the printer status is Off-line.
>
> Is there a configuration somewhere that I am missing to allow for this? Any
> ideas???
>
> Also, the printer tcp/ip is 192.168.1.109 and I have told the firewall
> (Norton) that it is a trusted port?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Mike P.

Mike P

RE: Network Wireless Printer - offline status on reboot
I just fixed the problem. I had to download the print driver from Dell (I
have a dell printer) for Vista. Installing from the "new" driver and not the
one that came with the printer (even though I just bought the printer last
month) worked. The wireless print server was fine.

The process that I did -
remove printer and driver from computer
remove wireless printer server software from computer
download current Vista print driver from manufacture
install wireless printer software
install print driver via the download - not the CD

Everything now works. I contacted Dell support and they took me through the
process. Hopefully you'll have the same luck with the Brother MFC-665CW.

Mike P.