Windows Fax

Sun City Vince

Windows Fax
When I attempt to send fax using windows fax, I receive an error message
stating that "Message could not be set. Media is write protected." How do I
correct? Fax was working fine in November 2007. I am using Vista Ultimate.
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Windows Fax
Until you specify the precise steps you are using, no one could even hazard
a guess.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sun City Vince" <SunCityVince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I attempt to send fax using windows fax, I receive an error message
> stating that "Message could not be set. Media is write protected." How
> do I
> correct? Fax was working fine in November 2007. I am using Vista
> Ultimate.

Sun City Vince

Re: Windows Fax
My Procedure
1. Develop document in MS Word 2007
2. Go To Office drop down menu and select print
3. In print dialogue box, select "fax"
4. Click "OK"
5. "New Fax" window of Windows Fax appears with attachment indicated.
6. Insert phone number in the "to:" slot
7. Verify that attachment is correct by clicking on view and then on
preview. Error message occurs whether or not I ust this step to preview the
message.
8. Attachment is correct - verified.
9. Click on send.
10. Error message pop-ups stating that "message could not be sent. Media
is write protected.
11. Close program.

This procedure has worked for over six months prior to my last fax of
November 18. I suspect that either I accidently changed a setting maybe by
months that could have changed a setting. I have seen this problem on the
net using Google search, but I have been unable to find a solution. Please
provide some suggestions. Thank you.

Vince

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Until you specify the precise steps you are using, no one could even hazard
> a guess.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Sun City Vince" <SunCityVince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I attempt to send fax using windows fax, I receive an error message
> > stating that "Message could not be set. Media is write protected." How
> > do I
> > correct? Fax was working fine in November 2007. I am using Vista
> > Ultimate.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Windows Fax
The message means that you have included something in your document that
neither Word nor the Fax Service can render. Only you would know what that
might be.