HP Officejet J5780 installation impossible

Davide

HP Officejet J5780 installation impossible
Running Vista Home Premium x32, it has been impossible to download drivers of
the printer/fax/scanner/copier HP Officejet J5780 both from original disk and
from the site HP. Removed/Disabled any antivirus file.
No driver seems to be trasferable to the machine and the process stops.
Moreover, error 80070103 comes out as soon as I tried to get update HP files
"Hewlett-Packard - Other Hardware - HP Officejet J5700 Series (DOT4USB)".

huwyngr

Re: HP Officejet J5780 installation impossible
In article <9D612C29-8AF8-48A0-A5EB-7D841F784725@microsoft.com>, Davide wrote:

> error 80070103

I've come across two explanations of this error code:

That it thinks you don't have enough temp storage space, even if you do

That "it's not the best driver for your device">

If the following reflects the driver/software you downloaded then the latter
could be the explanation:

> Moreover, error 80070103 comes out as soon as I tried to get update HP files*
> "Hewlett-Packard *- Other Hardware - HP Officejet J5700 Series (DOT4USB)".

because the software package I see that you should be getting is:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...us&dlc=en&prod
uct=3301296&lang=en

HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver

11-2007 8.0.1 - 237.09M

The filename is OJJ5700_Full_8.exe and you should follow the instructions for
downloading and installing although note the following:

If you are connecting the printer to the pc using USB you must install the HP
software first and not plug the USB cable into the PC until either the
installation instructions tell you to or until you reach Finish.

To start the installation after you have downloaded the exe file above don't
double click on it. Right mouse click on it and select Run as Administrator
then OK your way out; it should start to install but if not then double click
on it.

Before you attempt this installation, unplug the USB cable from the PC; go to
the Printers folder and delete any icons for the HP AIO and check Control Panel
/ Remove Programs for any references to HP software for the AIO and if you find
any, uninstall them and then reboot the PC before starting over again.

You might want to download and run the HP Officejet Software And Driver Removal
Utility that is on the same page as the software referred to above but I've no
experience of doing it. I suggest not if you have any other HP devices
installed unless you reach a dead end.

Let me know how it goes.

Guille tHE oFFsPRinG

On 13 ene, 21:22, huwyngr <Hugh_Wyn_Griff...@simpilot.net> wrote:
> In article <9D612C29-8AF8-48A0-A5EB-7D841F784...@microsoft.com>, Davide wrote:
> > error 80070103

> I've come across two explanations of this error code:
>
> That it thinks you don't have enough temp storage space, even if you do
>
> That "it's not the best driver for your device">
>
> If the following reflects the driver/software you downloaded then the latter
> could be the explanation:
>
> > Moreover, error 80070103 comes out as soon as I tried to get update HP files
> > "Hewlett-Packard - Other Hardware - HP Officejet J5700 Series (DOT4USB)".

> because the software package I see that you should be getting is:
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&lc=en&cc=us&d...
> uct=3301296&lang=en
>
> HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver
>
> 11-2007 8.0.1 - 237.09M
>
> The filename is OJJ5700_Full_8.exe and you should follow the instructions for
> downloading and installing although note the following:
>
> If you are connecting the printer to the pc using USB you must install the HP
> software first and not plug the USB cable into the PC until either the
> installation instructions tell you to or until you reach Finish.
>
> To start the installation after you have downloaded the exe file above don't
> double click on it. Right mouse click on it and select Run as Administrator
> then OK your way out; it should start to install but if not then double click
> on it.
>
> Before you attempt this installation, unplug the USB cable from the PC; go to
> the Printers folder and delete any icons for the HP AIO and check Control Panel
> / Remove Programs for any references to HP software for the AIO and if you find
> any, uninstall them and then reboot the PC before starting over again.
>
> You might want to download and run the HP Officejet Software And Driver Removal
> Utility that is on the same page as the software referred to above but I've no
> experience of doing it. I suggest not if you have any other HP devices
> installed unless you reach a dead end.
>
> Let me know how it goes.

Grettings.

I have the same problem. I've downloaded the software and I've
installed it. Then i plugged the USB, and the printer appears like
"unknown devide".

What can I do?
huwyngr

Re: HP Officejet J5780 installation impossible
Sorry but I can't think of an answer to that since I've not encountered
it.

Did you get that same error message as Davide?

Someone else may be able to help you. What version of VISTA have you?