Lexmark 2350 Printer

Michael Robben

Lexmark 2350 Printer
I have a Lexmark 2350 and I can't print and it says the printer is not communicating to the computer and the printer driver is their in the Lexmark folder and I have unplugged the USB port and plugged back in but no good. And I have moved it to other usb ports and I am running Vista Basic. And I went on Lexmarks site and the new driver won't be ready for months and I have a lot of printing to do. So anyone know of any way around making the printer work without getting a new one. And it worked fine in my XP home Edition SP2.
=?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUyNzA5?=

RE: Lexmark 2350 Printer
Hi Michael,

I have a Lexmark Optra S 1855 that had the same problem. It likes to
connect to a parallel port, and does not have USB capability. On my new PC
with Vista installed, it did not have a parallel port or a driver for my
printer. I contacted my local Lexmark dealer, and they let me talk to their
repair technition. He said the printer driver for a HP Laserjet 5Si uses the
same driver. This still did not solve the problem. However, installing a
Parallel PCI card and using the HP print driver worked perfectly. Hope this
provides you with some leads as to how to solve the particular problem
occurring with the Lexmark 2350.

Cheers,

Wayne
--
Thank you

"Michael Robben" wrote:

> I have a Lexmark 2350 and I can't print and it says the printer is not
> communicating to the computer and the printer driver is their in the
> Lexmark folder and I have unplugged the USB port and plugged back in but
> no good. And I have moved it to other usb ports and I am running Vista
> Basic. And I went on Lexmarks site and the new driver won't be ready for
> months and I have a lot of printing to do. So anyone know of any way
> around making the printer work without getting a new one. And it worked
> fine in my XP home Edition SP2.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Lexmark 2350 Printer
Please use PLAIN TEXT in newsgroups.

Lexmark hasn't written the drivers for the 2300 series yet, they are getting
to them in the order of manufacture. There probably is no way to get this
working until Lexmark release the drivers you need. If you do not still
have your XP PC and need to print NOW, then it would probably be a better
idea to get a new printer.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Michael Robben" <mrobben@st-tel.net> wrote in message
I have a Lexmark 2350 and I can't print and it says the printer is not
communicating to the computer and the printer driver is their in the Lexmark
folder and I have unplugged the USB port and plugged back in but no good.
And I have moved it to other usb ports and I am running Vista Basic. And I
went on Lexmarks site and the new driver won't be ready for months and I
have a lot of printing to do. So anyone know of any way around making the
printer work without getting a new one. And it worked fine in my XP home
Edition SP2.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Lexmark 2350 Printer
You use a Lexmark commercial Optra S laserprinter.... the OP uses a Lexmark
consumer inkjet... there is no correlation whatsoever in how the drivers
relate. My Lexmark Optra S has absolutely no problems in connecting to
whatever operating systems I use.