Prints only when run as administrator

=?Utf-8?B?c2lkaQ==?=

Prints only when run as administrator
New windows vista with a KonicaMinolta 2430Dl laser printer. Printer is
insntalled but the port defaulted to File. Added a tcp/ip port and i was able
to print a test page after the installation.
Any document sent to the printer does not print.
A test page sent from the properties fails.
A test page sent from the properties within the run as administrator section
prints fine and fast.
If User account control is disabled the page prints fine from all the
previously listed configuration.

I do not want to permanently disable UAC.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
=?Utf-8?B?SmVucyBPbGRlbmJ1cmc=?=

RE: Prints only when run as administrator
Hi sidi,

have exactly the same problem: KonicaMinolta 2430DL, Windows Vista Business;
tried out the German and English drivers but can print the test page only as
admin.

Seems to be a driver error, am I right?
Does anybody has a suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Jens

"sidi" wrote:

> New windows vista with a KonicaMinolta 2430Dl laser printer. Printer is
> insntalled but the port defaulted to File. Added a tcp/ip port and i was able
> to print a test page after the installation.
> Any document sent to the printer does not print.
> A test page sent from the properties fails.
> A test page sent from the properties within the run as administrator section
> prints fine and fast.
> If User account control is disabled the page prints fine from all the
> previously listed configuration.
>
> I do not want to permanently disable UAC.
>
> Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Dan [MSFT]

Re: Prints only when run as administrator
Did you get the driver from the manufacturer web site? It appears to be
pretty new.

http://printer.konicaminolta.com/sup..._sup.htm#vista

Dan

"Jens Oldenburg" <JensOldenburg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi sidi,
>
> have exactly the same problem: KonicaMinolta 2430DL, Windows Vista
> Business;
> tried out the German and English drivers but can print the test page only
> as
> admin.
>
> Seems to be a driver error, am I right?
> Does anybody has a suggestion?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Jens
>

> "sidi" wrote:
>
>> New windows vista with a KonicaMinolta 2430Dl laser printer. Printer is
>> insntalled but the port defaulted to File. Added a tcp/ip port and i was
>> able
>> to print a test page after the installation.
>> Any document sent to the printer does not print.
>> A test page sent from the properties fails.
>> A test page sent from the properties within the run as administrator
>> section
>> prints fine and fast.
>> If User account control is disabled the page prints fine from all the
>> previously listed configuration.
>>
>> I do not want to permanently disable UAC.
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

lofty

Re: Prints only when run as administrator
Read the PDF installation instruction for your Vista driver. It is
downloadable from the driver download page. Near the end of the document it
explains the UAC is at fault and the only work around at this time is to
diable UAC if you need to print. KM blames MS and MS says it's KM's drivers.
We are caught in the middle.