Install printer as Administrator

=?Utf-8?B?UnV0aA==?=

Install printer as Administrator
I am trying to help a friend install a printer. The installation stalls at
the same point insisting that it must done by an Administrator. My friend is
the only user set up on her new Windows Vista computer and is an
Administator. We have logged out and back in, rebooted, restarted, all with
the same result. Any ideas? Thank you.
Keith

Re: Install printer as Administrator
Have you tried running the setup.exe as administrator? Meaning, right click
the setup.exe or whatever exe starts the install and select "Run as
Administrator".

Keith

--
Keith

=?Utf-8?B?bDF6ejFl?=

Re: Install printer as Administrator
I am having the same problem. I'm trying to install a HP deskjet F300 all in
one series. I have previously installed the printer on a desktop running ME
and another laptop running XP. My message indicates that Vista is not a
recognized version. Suggestions?

"Keith" wrote:

> Have you tried running the setup.exe as administrator? Meaning, right click
> the setup.exe or whatever exe starts the install and select "Run as
> Administrator".
>
> Keith
>
> "Ruth" <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to help a friend install a printer. The installation stalls at
> > the same point insisting that it must done by an Administrator. My friend
> > is
> > the only user set up on her new Windows Vista computer and is an
> > Administator. We have logged out and back in, rebooted, restarted, all
> > with
> > the same result. Any ideas? Thank you.

> --
> Keith

=?Utf-8?B?cm9iZXJ0czc0NTk=?=

RE: Install printer as Administrator
If you have the printer installed you will have to go to Control Panel,
Printers, Right Click on your printer, go to properties, then security, you
will see Groups or the User's Name, click Everyone or the User's Name, below
that you will see Permissions for Everyone or the User's Name, there check
all the options, then click OK. I hope this helps.

"Ruth" wrote:

> I am trying to help a friend install a printer. The installation stalls at
> the same point insisting that it must done by an Administrator. My friend is
> the only user set up on her new Windows Vista computer and is an
> Administator. We have logged out and back in, rebooted, restarted, all with
> the same result. Any ideas? Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?Zml4dGhhdA==?=

RE: Install printer as Administrator
Hi, I also have tried that and ale permissions list is greyed out, and only
"print" is checked. The advanced buttone doesn't help any either
Jeff